Page 13 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: New High Capacity Shield

Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    Too much for a new model with fixed sights, an unusable manual safety (and no safety-less option), and S&W expectations.
    They do have options without the safety, but it's 1) Panic season and 2) New model. I'm pretty confident that we should be seeing $450 or so in a year or so.

As for the expectations, well, it's pretty much the same across the small 9mm spectrum these days, no matter who makes it.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

So....price.... if one buys a new gun it needs at least 1-2k ball and 2-3 hundo cary rounds. 5-8 magazines and 2-3 holsters. Sights? Optic? Grip improvement ? Back-up? (unless it is a "carry rotation show your friends" piece).

If your willing to wait a year to save the price of a meal for 3 at Denny's then you should be focusing on other things....

Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    So....price.... if one buys a new gun it needs at least 1-2k ball and 2-3 hundo cary rounds. 5-8 magazines and 2-3 holsters. Sights? Optic? Grip improvement ? Back-up? (unless it is a "carry rotation show your friends" piece).

If your willing to wait a year to save the price of a meal for 3 at Denny's then you should be focusing on other things....
    Well, with the current international travel situation, I'm going to be waiting a year to buy or shoot anything at all.

And since I'm wanting to go optics, I'm going to have to either get my Hipower or 1911 cut on (which I don't want to do), or get a new plastic europellet popper and the attendant extra mags, holsters, et al anyway.

So, since I already own a legacy Shield, and like it, I figure the same thing with more rounds and a RDS will be just the ticket. And will probably be a touch cheaper than the Austrian option.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post

I can tell you how to make them drop from $500-$550 to $350 over night, I buy one. I bought one of the first 1.0's and I think I paid $450 because they were hot and I had to have one. I later sold it but regretted it. A few years pass and I buy another for $400. A few months later they are readily available for $250-$300. That is just how my luck works.

With the current ammo market the way it is I would have a hard time buying anything new. If my needs were not met yes I could see buying something but don't see me buying just because its new and cool. The current market has encouraged me to finally commit to what I have unfortunately its also forced me to live fire less.

Quote Originally Posted by O4L View Post
    I've seen them available at a few places online for $489.
    Only place I seen with that price did not have any in stock? Any links or hints?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DMCutter View Post
    My EDC for a couple years was a Performance Center Shield before I swapped it out for a 365. The Shield fits my hand better than either my 365 or my Hellcat. I would truly be interested in a PC optics ready Plus, especially if it fits my Stealthgear IWB, although the thought of my original Shield being obsolete makes me a little sad 😥
    Funny but this was pretty much my concealed carry evolution and agree with your comments. Once I became a capacity whore, I still preferred my Shield ergonomics but carried rounds. I am still breaking in the plus but couldn't be happier.
    Shield of Protection

Quote Originally Posted by DMCutter View Post
    My EDC for a couple years was a Performance Center Shield before I swapped it out for a 365. The Shield fits my hand better than either my 365 or my Hellcat. I would truly be interested in a PC optics ready Plus, especially if it fits my Stealthgear IWB, although the thought of my original Shield being obsolete makes me a little sad 😥
    Agree with you and the comments. This was my EDC evolution as well after becoming a capacity whore. Still breaking in the Plus with no complaints.
    Shield of Protection

Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    Only place I seen with that price did not have any in stock? Any links or hints?

I usually surf gun.deals and I was seeing them there last week at that price. They may be all bought up now.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but do these fit in the older shield holsters? I am getting conflicting info. It seems like it would, but I am not for sure

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    Sorry if this is a dumb question, but do these fit in the older shield holsters? I am getting conflicting info. It seems like it would, but I am not for sure

Everything I have read states they fit existing holsters.

User Tag List