Page 19 of 47 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: New High Capacity Shield

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Also, while the RSA units of the two products appear similar in length, the springs are marked with a different color, suggesting to me that they have a different weight recoil spring. Out of curiosity, wouldn’t you expect two four inch slides to have the same length guide rod?
    Sure, I would. I am more curious about that bit about different spring colors since I would want a lighter spring for a lighter slide.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Sure, I would. I am more curious about that bit about different spring colors since I would want a lighter spring for a lighter slide.
    Assuming the guide rods are the same, you have the whole range of spring weights available to the M&P four inch pistols. Looks like multiple after market options.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Anyone have or had an opportunity to measure the grip circumference and/or trigger reach on the plus?

I don’t understand why smith is ignoring the market demands of a rail on these guns now.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Cereal View Post
    I don’t understand why smith is ignoring the market demands of a rail on these guns now.
    Typical CCWer buying this gun doesn't demand rails (or RDS) like the typical PFer or other more serious buyer/shooter does. The former, the majority.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Smokes.

Two of my three gripes about my S&W M&P Full Size 9mm 1.0 were the trigger and the texture. The other was my perception of accuracy. (Mind you this was 2014, when I barely knew which end the bullet came out of.) I shot a rental Shield 1.0 once as part of a group gun evaluation, and found it surprisingly hard to keep a hold of. Plus the icky hinged trigger.

So now what do I see. Shield Plus has a revised grip texture, a flat face trigger (for crying out loud) and 10/13 capacity. I'm blown away.

Asking for a friend (not kidding): As far as shooting goes, where would you put the Shield Plus in terms of perceived recoil? Snappy? Crisp? Soft? Bonus points if you can contrast it with a P365.

Do you feel like the improved texture allows a decent purchase on the gun (I appreciate this is is subjective, but am curious about shooting impressions). In particular, as compared say to a Shield 1.0?

How would you feel about taking a Shield Plus through a typical introductory one or two day CCW class?

What are the optic / plate options?

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Smokes.

Two of my three gripes about my S&W M&P Full Size 9mm 1.0 were the trigger and the texture. The other was my perception of accuracy. (Mind you this was 2014, when I barely knew which end the bullet came out of.) I shot a rental Shield 1.0 once as part of a group gun evaluation, and found it surprisingly hard to keep a hold of. Plus the icky hinged trigger.

So now what do I see. Shield Plus has a revised grip texture, a flat face trigger (for crying out loud) and 10/13 capacity. I'm blown away.

Asking for a friend (not kidding): As far as shooting goes, where would you put the Shield Plus in terms of perceived recoil? Snappy? Crisp? Soft? Bonus points if you can contrast it with a P365.

Do you feel like the improved texture allows a decent purchase on the gun (I appreciate this is is subjective, but am curious about shooting impressions). In particular, as compared say to a Shield 1.0?

How would you feel about taking a Shield Plus through a typical introductory one or two day CCW class?

What are the optic / plate options?
    If you are motivated by perceived recoil, the four inch slide combined with the Plus lower will be the softest shooting Shield combination. The difference between the short and long slides is significant, and same for legacy versus Plus lowers.

The four inch/Plus should work fine for a one or two day class, especially if you run something like 150 Syntech to minimize concussion. I think the four inch slide with Plus lower would also make a decent duty gun for small hand shooters.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Cereal View Post
    What market demand exactly?

What light would one mount on an inch long dust cover?

The 43x/48 won't run with a light might be same issue with a Shield. Plus after they have sold a shit ton then introduce a rail to sell another ST.

Seems like optics options are in more demand than a light rail.

Personally I like that it can be pocketed if needed. A light and or optic negate that.

A 4" with a rail and optic seems logical.

Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    What market demand exactly?

What light would one mount on an inch long dust cover?
    CT Lightguard.

Name:  thumbnail_20200704_105944.jpg
Views: 560
Size:  89.2 KB
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post

Asking for a friend (not kidding): As far as shooting goes, where would you put the Shield Plus in terms of perceived recoil? Snappy? Crisp? Soft? ..............
    I took my 43X and shield plus to the range today. I fired Lawman 115 9mm and Federal 115 +P+ out of both. I shot the shield first with a 13 round magazine of the Lawman. I had a regular shield a long time ago and did not care for it. I would describe the recoil as Soft. After 13 rounds of Lawman I loaded 10 rounds of the Federal +P+. It didn't feel much different. Then I shot the 43X. I felt the 43X had more recoil with both types of 9mm. I reloaded the shield with Lawmen and tried again.............Soft. I re-shot the 43X and again it felt like it had more recoil.

Wanting to be scientific I grabbed the nearest non-shooter I could find........The wife. She never shoots, doesn't like to shoot but I asked her to fire both and tell me how she felt. Shot shot the Shield and then the 43X. She said the Shield felt better and was easier to shoot. At 15 yards she put all her rounds on target. She keeps a Glock 48 as her home defense gun because of the thin grip. It just got replaced with the Shield Plus.

User Tag List