Page 44 of 47 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast

Thread: New High Capacity Shield

In this Shot Show video, the S&W rep says they changed the footprint on the new 30 Super Carry Shield Plus to accommodate the Holosun K footprint from the factory. He goes on to say something about hoping this will extend into the rest of the Shield Plus lineup eventually.

This may be doubly interesting for people looking at the new enclosed emitter K footprint optics from Holosun. It seems that direct mount is preferable to plates, and the heavier the optic the more important it may be.

Attempting to link video at relevant timestamp. Edit to add: Didn't work, time = about 4:30

Shield Plus magazines

Top Gun Supply has Shield Plus 10 and 13 round magazines in stock. Just passing this along. At times they are rare birds to find. I've ordered from them before for full disclosure.

Lately I've had luck finding Plus mags at my local Bass Pro. They've had both 10 and 13 rounders for a few dollars less than what I've been seeing online.

I just got one of each magazines from Lanbo Arms - $31 each. Shipping was $10 flat rate, so I got a buddy to jump in on the order to decrease the per mag shipping cost...

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    I just got one of each magazines from Lanbo Arms - $31 each. Shipping was $10 flat rate, so I got a buddy to jump in on the order to decrease the per mag shipping cost...
    Thanks for passing along this website. Never knew it existed. Always nice to have more options when shopping.

Shield Plus owners, check into Dunhams sporting goods if you have one in your area. One in SW Ohio had 13 round magazines for $19.99 each.

Nice! Do not have those here in SE Texas. Locally I'm seeing mags for $40.

Quote Originally Posted by claymore504 View Post
    Nice! Do not have those here in SE Texas. Locally I'm seeing mags for $40.
    Nor up in NE Tx so I caved when I received the 4" + last yr. & bought 3 addl. 13rders. from Gun Mag Wharehouse as this is an EDC & some match usage.

On an impulse buy, I picked up a purple shield plus last week. I thought it was a factory option, I guess I should’ve done my homework. No matter, as long as it works. Haven’t gotten any range time on it yet.

So for those who have been shooting theirs, how is it going? Are they still proving to be mostly reliable?

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    On an impulse buy, I picked up a purple shield plus last week. I thought it was a factory option, I guess I should’ve done my homework. No matter, as long as it works. Haven’t gotten any range time on it yet.

So for those who have been shooting theirs, how is it going? Are they still proving to be mostly reliable?
    I'm on my second one. First one was completely reliable through north of 1,000 rounds, but I never could adjust to shooting it with the optic I had direct milled it for. Got another slick slide one a month or two ago, it's been through 300+ rounds of ball and 100 rounds of various JHP without a hiccup.

Trigger was "better" (e.g. lighter) on the first one, and getting the new magazines to load to capacity is simply impossible. They're JUST BARELY 10 rounds in the flush mags, but won't seat slide forward, and 12 rounds only in the 13 round mags. Maybe they'll break in, but, frankly, I don't shoot the pistol enough to likely get enough cycles through the springs to "break them in."

User Tag List