Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: TDA G26 equivalent?

TDA G26 equivalent?

One thing that is concerning me about transitioning from Glock to TDA for defensive carry is a G26 sized pistol. What is out there? It’s not an area I have any experience with.

To be honest I carry my G26 more than any other pistol, and not having a TDA equivalent may keep me using Glocks for carry and the TDAs for fun.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    One thing that is concerning me about transitioning from Glock to TDA for defensive carry is a G26 sized pistol. What is out there? It’s not an area I have any experience with.

To be honest I carry my G26 more than any other pistol, and not having a TDA equivalent may keep me using Glocks for carry and the TDAs for fun.
    This is the first one that comes to mind.
    https://www.handgunhero.com/compare/...t-vs-glock-g26

Have the fine folks at Langdon Tactical do their magic and carry on.

There are two Berettas, the PX4 compact and subcompact. The compact is a bit bigger, but it is easier to shoot and manipulate. The sub is close. Try comparing them in handgun hero for idea.

There was mention on an HK discussion of the micro will be coming with different trigger configurations amd mag release options, but who knows, maybe the delay is because of that. HK has typically released subs in bothe LEM, V3, and striker permutations, so hopefully they figure out a way to make a micro work.

Recently spoke to a CZ rep about the P10sc, while trying to use the new configurator on their website. Asked if any P07 refresh likely and he offered, “should see smaller and lighter P07 and bigger P09!” He also noted they were updating the P10m, which hopefully means either optic compatible and or more capacity.

Personally, I am trying to find a PX4 locally.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    This is the first one that comes to mind.
    https://www.handgunhero.com/compare/...t-vs-glock-g26

Have the fine folks at Langdon Tactical do their magic and carry on.
    I was looking at the SC, but it seems (on paper, anyways) to be a little tall and the barrel on the short side. It’s worth a look, I recently picked up a PX4CC and a full size .45 but it’s very early days. I thought I read somewhere LTT doesn’t do a TJIB and doesn’t work on the sub?

Quote Originally Posted by Polecat View Post
    There are two Berettas, the PX4 compact and subcompact. The compact is a bit bigger, but it is easier to shoot and manipulate. The sub is close. Try comparing them in handgun hero for idea.

There was mention on an HK discussion of the micro will be coming with different trigger configurations amd mag release options, but who knows, maybe the delay is because of that. HK has typically released subs in bothe LEM, V3, and striker permutations, so hopefully they figure out a way to make a micro work.

Recently spoke to a CZ rep about the P10sc, while trying to use the new configurator on their website. Asked if any P07 refresh likely and he offered, “should see smaller and lighter P07 and bigger P09!” He also noted they were updating the P10m, which hopefully means either optic compatible and or more capacity.

Personally, I am trying to find a PX4 locally.

Dave
    My PX4CC is definitely G19 sized, I need to find a SC to handle.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

I’m playing around on Handgun Hero while I’m at the car dealer, and just realized a P30sk is smaller than I thought. Maybe that’s an option?
    Ken

I’m playing around on Handgun Hero while I’m at the car dealer, and just realized a P30sk is smaller than I thought. Maybe that’s an option?
    For all that it’s worth, P30sk is what came immediately to my mind.
    Grab your gun and bring in the cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Polecat View Post
    Dave
    That's some cool sounding news. I think it would be cool to see a 5" P-09 and maybe a shorter P-07 that is more on the P-10SC size, taking the 12 round magazines. I just didn't think that would happen with the introduction of the P-10 series. Maybe, with the discontinuation of the 2075 RAMI (also a good G26 TDA alternative that has been discontinued), the demand is there for a polymer Omega equivalent. I'd really like to see all of this come to fruition as I'm quite invested in the P-07/09/10 ecosystem.

I've also considered the P30SK as a replacement for my G26. Of course, having it worked over by Langdon Tactical.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoresy View Post
    For all that it’s worth, P30sk is what came immediately to my mind.
    Same.

Site Supporter
    I'm a fan of the TDA, but despite my lack of enthusiasm for most 9mm Glocks, I think the G26 is perhaps the best 9mm Glock ever made.

I will say that the p07 I favor for carry is very easy to conceal. About on the level of something like a g26 even though they're nowhere near the same size.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Always between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    I was looking at the SC, but it seems (on paper, anyways) to be a little tall and the barrel on the short side. It’s worth a look, I recently picked up a PX4CC and a full size .45 but it’s very early days. I thought I read somewhere LTT doesn’t do a TJIB and doesn’t work on the sub?

My PX4CC is definitely G19 sized, I need to find a SC to handle.
    Whether or not LTT wants to mess with the subcompact, most of the improvements that can be done to the larger models can be made to them. Put a 12# hammer spring in it, install a set of Carry levers, polish a few spots, add some grip texture and the thing will perk right up.

I personally like the size of the subcompact and find it useful, but it is not as easy a pistol to shoot as the compact or full size PX4... maybe I should say that it is less forgiving. The lockup is trad tilt barrel, not rotary, and this makes a difference in the recoil impulse.

A potential negative is that one long-time PX4 SC shooter on the p-f forum has experienced a fractured steel locking block insert, which may indicate that the number of rounds you can run through a subcompact before failure is limited. These are not pistols I fire a lot, so they will outlast me, but if I shot one recreationally I might be less blasé about it.
    Last edited by gato naranja; 12-20-2022 at 11:29 AM.
    gn

"On the internet, nobody knows if you are a dog... or even a cat."

User Tag List