Page 8 of 47 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: New High Capacity Shield

Name:  IMG_0315.jpg
Views: 890
Size:  97.2 KB

So, can a 3.1" Shield be milled for an optic? Asking for a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeSixPack View Post
    Name:  IMG_0315.jpg
Views: 890
Size:  97.2 KB

So, can a 3.1" Shield be milled for an optic? Asking for a friend.
    Disregard the holsters & CORE but certainly as that’s my gen 1 that Mark Housel milled for a DP.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Picked my Plus up, and just installed Ameriglo sights. I prefer the feel of the Plus grip to a legacy Shield. Amazed how they got all those extra rounds in, and the Plus with a 10 round mag is considerably smaller in height than a legacy Shield with an 8 round magazine.

Name:  58F22469-F7B9-41C8-B64F-6CCF2902C924.jpg
Views: 718
Size:  47.7 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Forgot to mention the stock trigger is appropriate for carry and reloads are much easier with the Plus lower. I bet S&W sells more of these than any other product.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Picked my Plus up, and just installed Ameriglo sights. I prefer the feel of the Plus grip to a legacy Shield. Amazed how they got all those extra rounds in, and the Plus with a 10 round mag is considerably smaller in height than a legacy Shield with an 8 round magazine.

Name:  58F22469-F7B9-41C8-B64F-6CCF2902C924.jpg
Views: 718
Size:  47.7 KB
    Is the grip any blockier/Glock-like in cross section, or is it still pretty much that thin oval of the original shield?

Also excuse me if this has already been covered, but I was hoping they made improvements to the safety, which I hated on the original shield. But looking at pics it seems like it is still the old safety. Would love to get confirmation if anyone knows.

Forgot to mention the stock trigger is appropriate for carry and reloads are much easier with the Plus lower. I bet S&W sells more of these than any other product.
    Similar slide stop to the pc fullsize guns? That was an immediate noticeable improvement when comparing a 5" pc 2.0 to my regular 5" 2.0.

As mentioned earlier if you did not have a plus side by side with a legacy you probably wouldn't know you were holding a plus.

The thumb safety is exactly the same as on the legacy models.

The slide stop seems very similar.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Is the grip any blockier/Glock-like in cross section, or is it still pretty much that thin oval of the original shield?

Also excuse me if this has already been covered, but I was hoping they made improvements to the safety, which I hated on the original shield. But looking at pics it seems like it is still the old safety. Would love to get confirmation if anyone knows.
    I found the legacy Shield grip too thin, as opposed to too round. The new grip feels just right to my hands.

Quote Originally Posted by backtrail540 View Post
    Similar slide stop to the pc fullsize guns? That was an immediate noticeable improvement when comparing a 5" pc 2.0 to my regular 5" 2.0.
    Not smart enough to know.

First five shots of AE 115 ball at 12 yards, with the Ameriglo Hack sights I installed this afternoon.

Name:  0F3F7505-064A-42F4-B24D-23784B616660.jpg
Views: 648
Size:  25.5 KB

Then I shot Gold Dot 124+P and hit a bit low and left at 12 yards. (Note, my four inch Shields like the 124+P load.) My legacy 3.1 inch Shield also did that with this load. My legacy Shield liked 115 Gold Dot, and this is the Plus with that load at 12 yards.

Name:  5B2BCE66-AB5C-406B-A8C9-D68B3282328F.jpg
Views: 643
Size:  23.3 KB

Before I forget, the legacy 2.0 slides dropped right on the Plus lower.

All rounds functioned with complete reliability. Flat trigger feels good, trigger is crisper, meaning a more defined wall and break with less creep, than a Glock. That is neither a positive or negative for the Plus to me, just noting it. Pistol is comfortable to shoot.

If I seem like I am gushing a bit, I am. I have often been critical of S&W but they nailed it with the Shield Plus.

I found the legacy Shield grip too thin, as opposed to too round. The new grip feels just right to my hands.
    Is the grip similar to any other handguns such as the 43x or 48?

Quote Originally Posted by O4L View Post
    Is the grip similar to any other handguns such as the 43x or 48?
    Not at all to me......(not GJM)

Go handle or rent one and it will be very apparent.

User Tag List