Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 37454647

Thread: New High Capacity Shield

13 rd Mag bases splitting.

So just a FYI for anybody else really running these guns even semi-hard use. I’ve cracked one of the 13rd mag base pads from dropping on concrete during reload. Email to S&W with picture and description, responded to next day asking for serial number and address to send replacement part - showed up about a week later, good job S&W.

Within 2 weeks, cracked another one doing reloads in dry fire - dropping onto a plywood floor. It appears there is a seam right in front that is vulnerable. Just slapped duct tape across this one since it stays loaded with dummy rounds mostly and have started out cushion down for dropping mags in dry fire, plan to contact them again eventually too. But I do shoot this gun in IDPA matches somewhat regularly and in practice sessions with reloads - kinda like a carry gun should be. Maybe something could be done to re-Inforce them or something from S&W, or if after market base pads became available, I’d swap them out in a heartbeat for aluminum base pads.

Name:  22B9393D-1FF9-49C1-A49F-0C2A5F9452DE.jpg
Views: 768
Size:  34.4 KB
    The stupidity of some people never ceases to amaze me.

Humbly improving with CZ's.

Quote Originally Posted by miller_man View Post
    So just a FYI for anybody else really running these guns even semi-hard use. I’ve cracked one of the 13rd mag base pads from dropping on concrete during reload. Email to S&W with picture and description, responded to next day asking for serial number and address to send replacement part - showed up about a week later, good job S&W.

Within 2 weeks, cracked another one doing reloads in dry fire - dropping onto a plywood floor. It appears there is a seam right in front that is vulnerable. Just slapped duct tape across this one since it stays loaded with dummy rounds mostly and have started out cushion down for dropping mags in dry fire, plan to contact them again eventually too. But I do shoot this gun in IDPA matches somewhat regularly and in practice sessions with reloads - kinda like a carry gun should be. Maybe something could be done to re-Inforce them or something from S&W, or if after market base pads became available, I’d swap them out in a heartbeat for aluminum base pads.

Is that the actual base pad that's cracking, or the spacer to prevent over-insertion?

Quote Originally Posted by miller_man View Post

MM I can relate, split one of mine in live fire drills on a re-load, ended up gorilla gluing the seam back together but it does seem like a low hanging fruit failure point.

Quote Originally Posted by MandoWookie View Post
    Is that the actual base pad that's cracking, or the spacer to prevent over-insertion?
    Sorry, yes - the spacer.

Quote Originally Posted by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor View Post
    MM I can relate, split one of mine in live fire drills on a re-load, ended up gorilla gluing the seam back together but it does seem like a low hanging fruit failure point.
    Have thought about trying some epoxy and seeing if it holds up better.

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    Bucky - I'm using the Yellow Front version of these: https://www.amazon.com/AmeriGlo-Hack...s%2C97&sr=8-11 I find they shoot pretty much POA/POI with drive the dot.
    Thanks for the suggestion. I decided to order these and give them a try.

Anyone know if the Shield EZ thumb safety would be compatible with the standard Shield Plus?

Hi Risk Customer Services
    It really annoys me to no end that the goddamn EqUaLIzEr got all the features that I wanted the Shield Plus to have all along. Optics compatibility, aggressive serrations, railed frame. I really want a Shield Plus, but now I am even more reluctant to buy one knowing that these features may be integrated into the line any time now.

User Tag List