Page 39 of 47 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: New High Capacity Shield

Quote Originally Posted by miller_man View Post
    Grabbed two of these last night - thanks for posting! I had been looking hard for them since I'll be taking my shield to a training day next Saturday, only having a 13rd and 10rd mag would've been quite busy.
    That is what I like about this forum. People share info about different facets of firearms. I always check the ammo deals thread. And if you have a question about anything, most times multiple answers will be forthcoming. I was lucky enough to stumble upon these mags. Just had to share that info.

Quote Originally Posted by JAH 3rd View Post
    Thanks for your observations on the Shield Plus. I ordered one. Hopefully I will be able to pick it up this week. For the most part, people seem to be satisfied with the pistol I too debated about whether to get the model with the safety. I decided to get the safety model. Got 2 13-round magazines ordered and they should be here this week as well. Looking forward shooting and comparing it to my Glock 26 gen 5. That 26 really loves to be shot......it just works well.
    I don’t have a Glock 26, but I understand they’re fantastic guns. As for the manual safety, be sure to clean and lube your Shield Plus when you get it. I’m guessing the display model I handled has never been lubed. Not only was the manual safety stiff, but the slide was stiff as well. I field stripped, cleaned and lubed mine when I got it, and I think that helps a bit when you combine it with racking the slide and disengaging the safety frequently to help loosen things up. While handling it today, I can tell it’s loosened up and is easier to disengage now than before, especially after putting about 250 rounds through it, and is much easier to disengage than the display model I handled.

Anyway, I think you’ll enjoy your new Shield Plus. I really like mine.

I picked up my Shield Plus today. Going to disassemble it, CLP it, and reassemble. Hopefully head to the range Wednesday. It does feel good in the hand. With the 13-round magazine I can get all fingers on the grip. This makes for a solid hold on the pistol. Visually looking over the pistol, everything looks good. It is a thin pistol. Have high hopes for making this my EDC pistol. Two 13-rounders are scheduled to hit tomorrow.

So my Shield Plus came with a 10 and 13 round magazine. The 10 rounder loaded completely. The 13 rounder would take only 12 rounds. They are new so I realize the springs are a little tight.

My two 13-round magazines came in today. First thing I noticed was the followers in these mags set up higher than the 13 round magazine that came with the pistol. One failed to lock back the slide. The follower engaged the slide stop, but not enough. The slide just continued forward, shooting past the slide stop. The second magazine did lock back the slide. So I got these magazines loaded with 12 rounds. I'll report back as to how they function at the range. Another thing I am going to keep my eye on is how these two mags eject from the pistol. Seems like the follower may have been hanging up on the frame/feed ramp and had to be pulled out of the pistol. I will investigate this further. Honestly, I was quite disgusted by this time. Will chill for the evening and look at it more tomorrow with fresh eyes.

That’s odd about the followers on those two extra 13-rounders. I know Shield Plus mags were hard to come by, and it makes me wonder if they’re cutting QC corners to get them out quick to meet demand.

Anyway, I had read elsewhere of others having trouble loading the new mags fully. I guess I got lucky as I was able to fully load mine (10 and 13 rounder) from the get-go, although the last round was kind of hard for each. It got a bit easier after keeping them loaded for awhile and shooting 250 rounds throught them.

I'm having the 12 round issue on a recently purchased mag as well. The one that came with the gun loads fine.

A magazine is a wear item if there's a problem send it back to the manufacturer......and yes I know they've been hard to come by.

I just got two 13 rounders and can only get 12 in them so I'm letting them sit for a bit with 12 in them

BTW they function normal other than capacity.

This thread reminded me to check the mag - just fit the 13th round in. Letting it sit for 2-3 weeks with 12 rounds in did the trick.

I remember my shield not locking back on empty mag a good bit on first couple trips to the range (shooting with 13rd mag, dont really like or use the 10rd flat base). Thought it was my grip riding the slide lock lever. But then it just started locking back regularly and I forgot about it. Now wondering if it could have been the mag and just needed a little breaking in.

Will test and report back with my 2 new 13rd mags when they show up. Also, have another shield plus that should be in today - will check function with new 13rd mag from that pistol as well.
    The stupidity of some people never ceases to amaze me.

Humbly improving with CZ's.

@miller man

Thanks for sharing your experience with the Shield Plus. I’ll keep on the lookout and hope after a few range trips things come together.

User Tag List