Page 12 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: New High Capacity Shield

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Shield mags have been tested on an individual owners' level, including by some on this site. Mine didn't run until I put extra-power springs in, which may have become standard now, not sure. They run ok now but that initial experience still makes me keep mine in the range bag.

The problem that Shield Plus won't solve is that it is made by S&W. I honestly can't say which company I trust less, SIG or Smith. That gun on page 9 is an example why. Whether the gun was shipped with a chipped extractor or it broke within a box of ammo is all the same to me. @GJM provided me with a therapy session yesterday where he reassured me that a host of his recent M&Ps ran OK. I still remain suspicious.
    Just to be clear I'm not arguing with you one bit.

The 43X/48 won't run on 147s unless the springs are fresh according to reports here.

Some run 115s for insurance however only the barns projectile is decent at that weight and they are very expensive.

Glocks have had broken extractors.

I had 5K through my first shield.... No problems.

All small guns are a compromise.

Sig is a marketing firm. S&w at least tries to make guns.

I've actually got a bit more confidence in S&W over Sig.

I'm also pretty convinced this will be my first RDS pistol (direct milled with a 507K). I've been thissss close to making my legacy Shield my primary, but the small cap has been a negative. This may be the one.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    Just to be clear I'm not arguing with you one bit.
    Yup, didn't think you were.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    I've actually got a bit more confidence in S&W over Sig.
    How the mighty have fallen. I completely agree with this statement today. However I do remember a time when this statement would be laughable.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by gato naranja View Post
    Well played, S&W. Beretta, take note.

(cough) APX Carry. (cough)
    Maybe in about 5 years, Beretta will come out with something.
    Love their products but they are slow to respond it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    Maybe the mags should sit loaded for a day or two before use in the future lol.

Apex? Where you at?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks - Great suggestions. The mags were loaded for the 1st time right before going to the range so I'll load them up while the gun's in the shop. Called Apex but they don't currently offer the 'Failure Resistant Extractor' for a Shield or Plus variant. I'm in So Central KY.

And Bud's already has them available.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

I've seen them available at a few places online for $489.

Quote Originally Posted by O4L View Post
    I've seen them available at a few places online for $489.
    Too much for a new model with fixed sights, an unusable manual safety (and no safety-less option), and S&W expectations.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    Too much for a new model with fixed sights, an unusable manual safety (and no safety-less option), and S&W expectations.
    I agree that they are overpriced right now. Just trying to pass along the best pricing that I'm seeing.

User Tag List