Page 29 of 47 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: New High Capacity Shield

I just disassembled mine for the first time and it took quite a bit of pressure to remove the base plate. However, I can see where after a number of disassemblies the way it is held on could become loose.

This design is likely due to trying to get one extra round to make the people who judge carry guns by their capacity not their reliability. (as evidence by how many people who will carry a aftermarket magazine in their G43X or add new internal parts to a magazine in order to get a few more rounds.....as this obviously negates the need for training).

If they had kept the larger magazine at 12 rounds likely they could have used a traditional base plate and retainer that required a tool to depress to remove the base plate. (Just spitballing)

Due to the amount of effort it took to remove mine I am not worried about it currently but it is definitely something to keep an eye on (as are all magazines as they are a wear item).

I haven't gone through all 280+ posts or started looking online at JMCK, DSG, etc yet (hey, I'm a lazy guy on Sunday mornings!), but who is the go to for an IWB holster for the 4" optic ready?
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Site Supporter
    Ordered one from Brownell's for my wife, should have it tomorrow. JMCK order has been made, as well as new sights.
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

I picked one up tonight. It fits my existing JMCK and DSG holsters for my older Shield. I’ve only dry fired it so far but I prefer the grip of the Plus. I put an Apex duty trigger kit in my daughter’s Shield so I need to get to the range soon to test fire that also.

Dammit would y’all hold it down in here? I may have to pick one of these up to see what the fuss is all about.

An issue, is the Plus isn’t optics friendly. They don’t offer a MOS system, and their optics cut SKU comes with a Crimson Trace. Same footprint as a RMSc, but a 407/507K won’t fit without mods. That means you either throw away the CT optic and run a RMSc or direct mill one for a Holosun. Both the Glock MOS and 365XL are easier to mount optics on.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    An issue, is the Plus isn’t optics friendly. They don’t offer a MOS system, and their optics cut SKU comes with a Crimson Trace. Same footprint as a RMSc, but a 407/507K won’t fit without mods. That means you either throw away the CT optic and run a RMSc or direct mill one for a Holosun. Both the Glock MOS and 365XL are easier to mount optics on.
    I'm hoping that by the time I get ready to buy one they will have an optics ready version without the CT red dot. I don't know if that is even in the realm of possibility though since S&W owns CT now.

I'm planning on giving it about a year or so to see what happens with the options and the pricing after this first buying surge is over.

My 4in PC slide went off to CHPWS today to get milled for a 407K with 6MOA dot. Can't wait to get it back and see what's what.
    Lacking Gravitas

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MDFA View Post
    Ordered one from Brownell's for my wife, should have it tomorrow. JMCK order has been made, as well as new sights.
    Name:  Shields.jpg
Views: 540
Size:  40.1 KB

Picked my wife's pistol up Friday at my LGS. I was amazed with the trigger pull and the fit in the hand. We had two first generation Shields and it's amazing the difference that 1/10th of an inch increase in width and slight curve of the grip makes. My LGS told me he had them in stock when I picked hers up. Needless to say I was so impressed that I went back and got one for myself yesterday. We now have 2 orders in to JMCK and sights ordered as well. Hopefully magazines become available soon. The trigger pull on hers with my Lyman gauge is 4.6 and mine is 6.0 average for 10 pulls. Both triggers are good for out of the box, but hers is fantastic. Once you reach the wall it just breaks very cleanly. Hopefully we can put some rounds thru them today.
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

Anyone know where I can buy extra mags?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

User Tag List