Page 26 of 47 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: New High Capacity Shield

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Just added to my cart successfully.

https://www.brownells.com/firearms/h...ampaign=Itwine
    That link is for the gun. Not the magazines. I'm just looking for spare Shield Plus mags.
    Are you loyal to the constitution or the “institution”?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Blackburn View Post
    That link is for the gun. Not the magazines. I'm just looking for spare Shield Plus mags.
    I may be wrong. But I think they are not available yet.

I bought a Blackhawk stache for a quick holster option. And was reminded of how much I hate the short length holsters. I usually always ordered the long version for my g43/g43x/og shield. Also the dcc clip does not work that well and stuck with not actually that bad clip that came in box.

Needless to say my first outing with her was in a ankle rig for comfort and because of how I was dressed.

Sights are getting installed this week. But she carries well, that’s for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I think we have a nomenclature issue. By “full,” I mean that the Shield four inch RSA is scaled for a four inch barrel, and different than the RSA for the 3.1 inch Shield. This is unlike the 43X/48, which use the same length RSA.
    Good for Smith for doing this. I somehow feel the 48 could have been a better gun head Glock not cheaped out and did this.

For anyone interested that lives in a ban state, looks like so far smith only sends these with the 10rd with small base plate and a 13rd. Local shop here will block the 13rd. I was curious if smith would ship these with a short and long 10rd for ban states. So far the answer is no.

Name:  565F7581-A3CE-423C-B2C6-C17B3B3343DF.jpg
Views: 699
Size:  46.5 KB

The Shield Plus is bigger than the other micro nines .. extremely close in size to the Taurus G2c/G3c
    If the Taurus had a flat base .. it would be even closer

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye63 View Post
    The Shield Plus is bigger than the other micro nines .. extremely close in size to the Taurus G2c/G3c
    If the Taurus had a flat base .. it would be even closer
    Yes, the Shield Plus is bigger than the P365 or Hellcat - precisely why I like it. With the 10-round magazine, it's just shy of the grip length of the P365XL, but with a "longer" front to rear grip, giving a better lock in my hand than the XL. It's considerably smaller than the G43X (as far as grip length goes).

The more I shoot this pistol, the more I like it. I also like the P365XL, but the Shield Plus shoots "softer" and is easier to control in rapid fire. For me, as far as micro-9s go, it's: Shield Plus > P365XL > P365 > G43X > Hellcat > G43. I've owned all of the above, and shot them extensively, including side-by-side in several cases. YMMV, of course, but I know at least one dyed-in-the-wool "if it ain't Glock it's $h!+" guy who's talking about getting a Shield Plus to replace both his G26 and G43.

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    Yes, the Shield Plus is bigger than the P365 or Hellcat - precisely why I like it. With the 10-round magazine, it's just shy of the grip length of the P365XL, but with a "longer" front to rear grip, giving a better lock in my hand than the XL. It's considerably smaller than the G43X (as far as grip length goes).

The more I shoot this pistol, the more I like it. I also like the P365XL, but the Shield Plus shoots "softer" and is easier to control in rapid fire. For me, as far as micro-9s go, it's: Shield Plus > P365XL > P365 > G43X > Hellcat > G43. I've owned all of the above, and shot them extensively, including side-by-side in several cases. YMMV, of course, but I know at least one dyed-in-the-wool "if it ain't Glock it's $h!+" guy who's talking about getting a Shield Plus to replace both his G26 and G43.
    It's interesting that you put the 43X behind the 365s after stating that the 365 grip is too shallow. I have the same problem with the 365s but the 43X/48 grip works well for me.

Right now I am vetting two G48s but if for some reason I decide to move on, the Shield Plus will be my next gun to try. I carried a Shield 1.0 for several years and only recently replaced it and a J-frame for higher capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by O4L View Post
    It's interesting that you put the 43X behind the 365s after stating that the 365 grip is too shallow. I have the same problem with the 365s but the 43X/48 grip works well for me.

Right now I am vetting two G48s but if for some reason I decide to move on, the Shield Plus will be my next gun to try. I carried a Shield 1.0 for several years and only recently replaced it and a J-frame for higher capacity.
    The 43X grip is slick as snot, and while it "feels" good in the hand, it's entirely too "squirmy" for me when I shoot it. I don't want to be bothered with grip tape, etc, I want a pistol that comes from the factory with workable texture. The upshot is even though the P365 is "snappier" than the 43X, I could shoot it more consistently at speed than the 43X because the grip stays anchored in my hand better.

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    The 43X grip is slick as snot, and while it "feels" good in the hand, it's entirely too "squirmy" for me when I shoot it. I don't want to be bothered with grip tape, etc, I want a pistol that comes from the factory with workable texture. The upshot is even though the P365 is "snappier" than the 43X, I could shoot it more consistently at speed than the 43X because the grip stays anchored in my hand better.
    I agree that the 43X/48 grips are too slick.

I have never used grip tape before but I am now using the rubber Talon grip tape on my 48s and it is working very well for me.

Quote Originally Posted by O4L View Post
    I agree that the 43X/48 grips are too slick.

I have never used grip tape before but I am now using the rubber Talon grip tape on my 48s and it is working very well for me.
    Same here, I have had half a dozen pistols equipped with Talon grips and the G43X and G48 I owned are the only two I've left it on.

On topic: despite having never so much as seen one in person, the Shield plus is a super strong contender for me from one perspective: the standard flat face trigger. I never warmed up to the curved hook trigger in the M&P 1.0 that I started out with in 2013. It was otherwise really nice (from memory, it's been a while).

I have one experience with a rental Shield 1.0 and found it very jumpy. At the same session, I shot a G43 and had a similar reaction. The new 2.0 texture and grip I would imagine addresses some of that.

Seems to me the Shield plus is a pretty underrated pistol. Good for S&W, I hope they sell a bunch more Shields.

User Tag List