Page 11 of 47 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: New High Capacity Shield

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanye Wyoming View Post
    Will continue to hold out for the Walther PPS Plus or PDP Minus.
    Are you holding out based on hope or intel?
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    The height of the 43x is deceiving as the full mag sticks out 3/8's of an inch If one is only looking at the frame.
    Yup and those darn squared off Glock mags are what prints.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanye Wyoming View Post
    Will continue to hold out for the Walther PPS Plus or PDP Minus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Sauce View Post
    Are you holding out based on hope or intel?
    Hope. And prayer. No intel.

Quote Originally Posted by Brianjkeene View Post
    I think the 43X is more comfortable to carry due to its thinness but I'm not sure it conceals any better than a 19 due to those mags.

This is key for me. The corners really make a plain Jain shirt print pretty bad. Vs carrying a Beretta or similar rounded butt guns.

When I had a 43x and the 19. The X was definitely thinner but still seemed to print similarly for me. The 43 carried very well but was also small enough to the point where getting a good grip from concealment was not ideal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My EDC for a couple years was a Performance Center Shield before I swapped it out for a 365. The Shield fits my hand better than either my 365 or my Hellcat. I would truly be interested in a PC optics ready Plus, especially if it fits my Stealthgear IWB, although the thought of my original Shield being obsolete makes me a little sad 😥

Site Supporter
    Yeah this is what drives me nuts about trying to figure out an optimal EDC. So far a full-size PX4 prints less than a Glock 19 for me due to the glock’s rectangular slide corners. One would think that a Shield would print less than the px4 but that doesn’t seem to be the case for me. But then again, I’ve just realized that I have a jmck aiwb wing claw 2.5 for the px4, but not anything comparable for the shield, so that might be it. I can’t go rent a pistol and really figure this out. I’m to the point where I’m tempted to buy a blue gun and a jock holster as my first step in looking at any new pistol.

I think the 43X is more comfortable to carry due to its thinness but I'm not sure it conceals any better than a 19 due to those mags.
    It conceals a bit better as it does away with one-two printing points (rear sight / upper corner at rear of the slide) but you're right, those mags are a joke on a gun that's supposed to be concealment - oriented.
    Ironic is that Shield Arms could've fixed it with their aftermarket mag. IMO a true flush fit mag, even if a 10 rounder, would've enhanced this gun more than a 15 rounder that makes it only slightly better than a G19.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    It conceals a bit better as it does away with one-two printing points (rear sight / upper corner at rear of the slide) but you're right, those mags are a joke on a gun that's supposed to be concealment - oriented.
    Ironic is that Shield Arms could've fixed it with their aftermarket mag. IMO a true flush fit mag, even if a 10 rounder, would've enhanced this gun more than a 15 rounder that makes it only slightly better than a G19.
    Agreed. But your average internet warrior is more concerned with capacity as a substitute for skill.

If I were building an aftermarket magazine I would be going for capacity also as that's where the money would be.

I keep hearing about Shield Arms magazines but I don't keep hearing how they have been thoroughly tested and vetted and work well.

I would rather have an eight or nine round 43x/48 with a flush mag. Maybe even some rounded corners??

Shield Plus will solve the problem.

I keep hearing about Shield Arms magazines but I don't keep hearing how they have been thoroughly tested and vetted and work well.

Shield Plus will solve the problem.
    Shield mags have been tested on an individual owners' level, including by some on this site. Mine didn't run until I put extra-power springs in, which may have become standard now, not sure. They run ok now but that initial experience still makes me keep mine in the range bag.

The problem that Shield Plus won't solve is that it is made by S&W. I honestly can't say which company I trust less, SIG or Smith. That gun on page 9 is an example why. Whether the gun was shipped with a chipped extractor or it broke within a box of ammo is all the same to me. @GJM provided me with a therapy session yesterday where he reassured me that a host of his recent M&Ps ran OK. I still remain suspicious.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

User Tag List