Page 9 of 47 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: New High Capacity Shield

Quote Originally Posted by O4L View Post
    Is the grip similar to any other handguns such as the 43x or 48?
    Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    Not at all to me......(not GJM)

Go handle or rent one and it will be very apparent.
    Grip feel is very subjective, but to me the Plus is unique in feel.

Here are pictures of a Plus and a 43X, and a Plus and legacy Shield.

Name:  030D235A-214A-4B62-B3FC-FAC09A7F0D4B.jpg
Views: 832
Size:  41.9 KB

Name:  F9AA3FB4-0FC9-4DC9-B074-370798121242.jpg
Views: 811
Size:  33.0 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Forgot to mention the stock trigger is appropriate for carry and reloads are much easier with the Plus lower. I bet S&W sells more of these than any other product.
    You have to hand it to Smith, the product is announced and shortly there after you see it in peoples hands. Bravo.

Site Supporter
    Is the slide release stupid difficult to use? I don't recall that being an issue with my 2 Shield 1.0s that have moved on, but Mrgunsngear, Julie Golob reviews have politely hinted at this on the Plus. My EZ9 slide release is useless to drop the slide.
    Adam

Good timing with the warm weather coming also. Looks like a great option for shorts and a shirt carry. The OG shield shot pretty well for me but the thin grip was not ideal at all.

Will this work with the original shield holsters as well? I think I still have a ankle rig and a kydex holster stashed from my shield days.

A certain daddy has them listed for like 490 but none in stock. Trying to get a answer on if they know when stock will come.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Grip feel is very subjective, but to me the Plus is unique in feel.

Here are pictures of a Plus and a 43X, and a Plus and legacy Shield.

Name:  030D235A-214A-4B62-B3FC-FAC09A7F0D4B.jpg
Views: 832
Size:  41.9 KB

Name:  F9AA3FB4-0FC9-4DC9-B074-370798121242.jpg
Views: 811
Size:  33.0 KB
    This bottom trigger excites me! The mag opening looks to be tons better and the extra width/different shape looks to be more than I expected which is great.

I just played with one at the LGS. Trigger was really nice. I don't have sausage fingers but the trigger guard seemed really small, there was just enough room to get your finger on the trigger without hitting the front. In winter with gloves on - fuhgettaboutit.

The slightly wider grip made it easier to get a full, solid grip but still not quite enough room to get full contact with the palm of my support hand.

Did I buy it anyway? Nope, and I was SOOOO proud of myself. Will continue to hold out for the Walther PPS Plus or PDP Minus.

Nice little single shot

Name:  IMG_0318.jpg
Views: 685
Size:  36.5 KB

Made it through 25 rounds of 115 gr Blazer Brass and 10 WWB 124's when this started happening...on every shot...with both mags. It did manage to pull the last round out on an empty mag, but it went about a foot in front of the gun. Tried some 124 HST's and that's what you see in the image. I was planning to send off the slide this week to be milled. Guess I'll be sending the whole thing back to S&W instead. Major buzzkill.

Site Supporter

Made it through 25 rounds of 115 gr Blazer Brass and 10 WWB 124's when this started happening...on every shot...with both mags. It did manage to pull the last round out on an empty mag, but it went about a foot in front of the gun. Tried some 124 HST's and that's what you see in the image. I was planning to send off the slide this week to be milled. Guess I'll be sending the whole thing back to S&W instead. Major buzzkill.
    That sucks, I hope they make it right and it is unique to yours.

Name:  IMG_0325.jpg
Views: 687
Size:  23.4 KB

Found it. I really like the gun. The trigger is good, it seemed pretty accurate and the form factor really works for me. I don't have a regular shield to compare, but I would think the slides are the same and it's the same part.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeSixPack View Post
    Name:  IMG_0325.jpg
Views: 687
Size:  23.4 KB

Found it. I really like the gun. The trigger is good, it seemed pretty accurate and the form factor really works for me. I don't have a regular shield to compare, but I would think the slides are the same and it's the same part.
    Yikes. At least you know what's going on and likely an easy fix...

User Tag List