Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 271

Thread: New High Capacity Shield

  1. #1

    New High Capacity Shield

    Looks near identical to current shield 2.0. This one is deemed the Shield ďplusĒ and has a 10rd flat baseplate mag and 13rd extended along with the new trigger

    Very glock like approach that they took in subtle upgrades but that may be a good thing since these 2.0 guns are really quite good and durable. Name:  047A8EC8-E696-4754-A374-AF40F3F1CD74.jpg
Views: 2724
Size:  39.8 KB

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Brianjkeene View Post
    Looks near identical to current shield 2.0. This one is deemed the Shield ďplusĒ and has a 10rd flat baseplate mag and 13rd extended along with the new trigger

    Very glock like approach that they took in subtle upgrades but that may be a good thing since these 2.0 guns are really quite good and durable. Name:  047A8EC8-E696-4754-A374-AF40F3F1CD74.jpg
Views: 2724
Size:  39.8 KB
    Figures, since I just had a ďregular oneĒ milled by Primary Machine. I waited through non-SHOT announcements, and figured they were selling so much, they had little incentive to innovate. Wonder if the uppers of legacy Shields will work with the new higher capacity lowers?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

  3. #3
    Site Supporter
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Maybe they will put a usable thumb safety on this one.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Maybe they will put a usable thumb safety on this one.
    Would be nice but they donít seem to have been super ambitious with this one. Could have really used a little larger trigger guard too. Either way, the shield 2.0 has always been the best shooting single stack/micro for me so Iím excited enough that I may pick one up.

  5. #5
    Damnable 1911 Heretic Elwin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Midwest
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Maybe they will put a usable thumb safety on this one.
    I would start saving for one immediately. Anything else that needed spending money directed towards it would languish, unattended to until I had at least one, with a healthy supply of kydex and mags and my preferred sights.

    And that has almost nothing to do with the capacity.

  6. #6
    Where's the dot? RJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Venice Florida
    So have they finally ditched the S&W hinged trigger? I still remember how much I disliked that on my M&P FS9.
    "Tho' much is taken, much abides; and though we are not now, that strength, which in old days moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are. One equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find; and not to yield." --Tennyson. USPSA#92555

  7. #7
    Member zaitcev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Austin, Texas, U.S.A.
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    So have they finally ditched the S&W hinged trigger? I still remember how much I disliked that on my M&P FS9.
    I would welcome it too, except for how much of the trigger guard it takes. Now sure if I can even stick my finger in without firing the gun, even without gloves.

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Appears itís a secret. Iím guessing it will be release at the virtual event. I like the concept. I just am not sure how this will be different from the original 9c except grip texture and trigger. Seems it would very similar in size.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by camsdaddy View Post
    Iím guessing it will be release at the virtual event.
    I think they have one scheduled for Monday.


    Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by camsdaddy View Post
    Appears itís a secret. Iím guessing it will be release at the virtual event. I like the concept. I just am not sure how this will be different from the original 9c except grip texture and trigger. Seems it would very similar in size.
    I was just comparing a Shield to a M&P Compact, and it is similar to comparing a 43X/48 to a G26/19, the slide is much thinner on the slim line pistols.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •