Page 33 of 47 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: New High Capacity Shield

So there's a group of us whole are all retired from both the military and LE. We try to get together 2-4 times a month to shoot and basically keep in touch. When the Shield Plus was first on the shelves, we razzed one guy who is always looking for the next perfect carry gun. (It's basically his reason for buying more guns). So after giving him the business, we pushed a bit to hard and he didn't get one.......for two weeks. Then he just had to have one.

After shooting his, I liked it so well that I sold my Shield 1.0 and picked the Plus up. I have to say, it is a lot of fun to shoot. So it'll get added to the carry rotation........

Interesting observation today while visiting the lgs. I was handling the 48 and shield plus and noticed that the shield plus trigger safety was broken. It's a 4" OR model that has been in the shop for a few months, so probably a few thousand presses max (rural area and not a ton of traffic). The guy behind the counter tried to argue otherwise but simply tilting the gun vertical would disengage the safety and allow the trigger to be pulled from the sides without touching the trigger safety itself. Wiggling the gun back and fourth allowed the safety to go into the trigger without being touched. They ended up pulling it for their smith to check out.

I imagine a broken spring? I don't know how it's designed but there was no pressure keeping it engaged. Whether a fluke or common occurrence, something our members running the shield plus should check for periodically I imagine.
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Quote Originally Posted by backtrail540 View Post
    Interesting observation today while visiting the lgs. I was handling the 48 and shield plus and noticed that the shield plus trigger safety was broken. It's a 4" OR model that has been in the shop for a few months, so probably a few thousand presses max (rural area and not a ton of traffic). The guy behind the counter tried to argue otherwise but simply tilting the gun vertical would disengage the safety and allow the trigger to be pulled from the sides without touching the trigger safety itself. Wiggling the gun back and fourth allowed the safety to go into the trigger without being touched. They ended up pulling it for their smith to check out.

I imagine a broken spring? I don't know how it's designed but there was no pressure keeping it engaged. Whether a fluke or common occurrence, something our members running the shield plus should check for periodically I imagine.
    Not sure if it is a fluke or what, but after checking mine just now, it is definitely a spring. Mine is like the rest of the "dingus" equipped guns: the little tab spring back out after being depressed.

Bit it definitely is something to keep an eye one and check a bit closer during cleaning. I for one, appreciate the heads up-even if it is just a fluke.

Not sure what's wrong with my shield plus, it works about 70% of the time, and then out of nowhere the trigger gets "hung up". The trigger gets heavy, the slide moves back slightly when pressing the trigger, the gun won't fire, and the only remedy is taking the slide off and putting it back on...

I'll be sending mine back.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    An issue, is the Plus isn’t optics friendly. They don’t offer a MOS system, and their optics cut SKU comes with a Crimson Trace. Same footprint as a RMSc, but a 407/507K won’t fit without mods. That means you either throw away the CT optic and run a RMSc or direct mill one for a Holosun. Both the Glock MOS and 365XL are easier to mount optics on.
    @GJM if I have a 4" Shield+ milled for a Holo, are the 407/507K the only Holo's that will fit?

Asking as I'm looking to replace my gen1 Shield that Mark cut years ago for a DP.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Frankl View Post
    Not sure what's wrong with my shield plus, it works about 70% of the time, and then out of nowhere the trigger gets "hung up". The trigger gets heavy, the slide moves back slightly when pressing the trigger, the gun won't fire, and the only remedy is taking the slide off and putting it back on...

I'll be sending mine back.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    I've heard of similar issues. I'm not sure if it is the problem, but I'm not sure why they messed with the trigger on a design that was very reliable

S&W has just released a big batch of the 13rd Shield Plus mags last night. If you are signed up for back in stock email notification, check your email a lot and act quickly. I snagged 6 of them.

Quote Originally Posted by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor View Post
    @GJM if I have a 4" Shield+ milled for a Holo, are the 407/507K the only Holo's that will fit?

Asking as I'm looking to replace my gen1 Shield that Mark cut years ago for a DP.
    Yes, that is my understanding.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggy View Post
    S&W has just released a big batch of the 13rd Shield Plus mags last night. If you are signed up for back in stock email notification, check your email a lot and act quickly. I snagged 6 of them.
    Have a link, I can't find them on their website?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Have a link, I can't find them on their website?
    I found them at Gun Mag Warehouse, I checked my email after seeing the above post and ordered three for now.

User Tag List