Page 31 of 47 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: New High Capacity Shield

My Shield Plus pistols are zeroed for Gold Dot 124+ P, as that load has been accurate and reliable in my multiple Shields, Plus and standard 2.0. I run 115 standard pressure Gold Dot in my 43X/48 and 365/XL pistols.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Fuller details are in my training journal, but in few words:

365 - too small
    Glock 43X - too snappy
    365XL - not robust enough
    Glock 48 - did not run reliably (4 ftf in <200 rounds post optic install)

Back to the Shield Plus: I did handle a non-TS non-PC one today at my LGS. Very nice. I see what you guys are talking about. Flat trigger felt much, much better than the hinged. Grip surface was good (did they rework that on the plus?). I did one press and reset, trigger felt firm and solid, reset was audible. I would defer any further comments until shooting one, but I was favorably impressed.

Anybody pocket carrying a Shield plus with the 10+1 mag?

If you have a kitchen scale handy, would someone mind weighing one loaded 10+1?

Also, any issues in Speer GD 124+p or Federal 147 HST through it? (I know it's a short barrel, but the way things are, that is what I have for SD ammo without donating an arm or a leg.)
    Mine with Ameriglo Hack Sights. Loaded with 10+1 and 13+1 Federal 115gr. HP

Name:  Shield 11.jpg
Views: 592
Size:  42.4 KBName:  Shield 14.jpg
Views: 597
Size:  40.4 KB

I can pocket carry in a Blackhawk #3 Pocket Holster in Duluth Firehose Flex Shorts with the 10 rd. magazine. Have not tried my Wrangler Cargo Shorts.
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MDFA View Post
    Mine with Ameriglo Hack Sights. Loaded with 10+1 and 13+1 Federal 115gr. HP

Name:  Shield 11.jpg
Views: 592
Size:  42.4 KBName:  Shield 14.jpg
Views: 597
Size:  40.4 KB

I can pocket carry in a Blackhawk #3 Pocket Holster in Duluth Firehose Flex Shorts with the 10 rd. magazine. Have not tried my Wrangler Cargo Shorts.
    Before anyone asks... Ameriglo Hack Sights.
    Name:  Shield Sights.jpg
Views: 565
Size:  21.2 KB
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

My only issue is that the texture of the grip is still pretty uncomfortable when carrying directly against my skin, as with my Enigma. I’m wearing my older Shield in it right now and it doesn’t bother me.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    My only issue is that the texture of the grip is still pretty uncomfortable when carrying directly against my skin, as with my Enigma. I’m wearing my older Shield in it right now and it doesn’t bother me.
    Sand the grip area lightly. I wear a light T Shirt between my skin and the gun, much more comfortable and helps to keep some sweat off the gun.

In Florida that's a somewhat losing battle though....

The grip texture of the Shield Plus is supposed to be between the 1.0 and the 2.0. Mine was, mostly. It had a few spots where the texture was rougher than the majority of the rest of the grip. The baseplate of the 13 rd magazine was a bit rough also. I VERY lightly sanded it with fine grit paper. Like 1-2 strokes with sand paper. Problem solved.

I want to buy one of these (and most likely will at some point), but right now I’m wondering what this gets me over the glock 26 I already have? It’s a little narrower, about the same weight, and a little taller. Other than the excitement of a new gun, would I really be gaining much over what I already have?

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    I want to buy one of these (and most likely will at some point), but right now I’m wondering what this gets me over the glock 26 I already have? It’s a little narrower, about the same weight, and a little taller. Other than the excitement of a new gun, would I really be gaining much over what I already have?
    I own both and I'm asking myself that same questions right now...

Quote Originally Posted by KevH View Post
    I own both and I'm asking myself that same questions right now...
    I think it gets down to personal preference and your perception of how each conceals. I find a slimline pistol, and especially a slimline spare magazine to conceal better under a short sleeve shirt. If you feel differently, than it gets down to what you prefer shooting.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    This (and magazine availability) are the reasons i haven't bought one, although I am still thinking very hard about it.

I have spent a lot of time on handgunhero looking at the tabletop comparison.

User Tag List