Page 1 of 47 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: New High Capacity Shield

Site Supporter

New High Capacity Shield

Looks near identical to current shield 2.0. This one is deemed the Shield “plus” and has a 10rd flat baseplate mag and 13rd extended along with the new trigger

Very glock like approach that they took in subtle upgrades but that may be a good thing since these 2.0 guns are really quite good and durable. Name:  047A8EC8-E696-4754-A374-AF40F3F1CD74.jpg
Views: 4752
Size:  39.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Brianjkeene View Post
    Looks near identical to current shield 2.0. This one is deemed the Shield “plus” and has a 10rd flat baseplate mag and 13rd extended along with the new trigger

Very glock like approach that they took in subtle upgrades but that may be a good thing since these 2.0 guns are really quite good and durable. Name:  047A8EC8-E696-4754-A374-AF40F3F1CD74.jpg
Views: 4752
Size:  39.8 KB
    Figures, since I just had a “regular one” milled by Primary Machine. I waited through non-SHOT announcements, and figured they were selling so much, they had little incentive to innovate. Wonder if the uppers of legacy Shields will work with the new higher capacity lowers?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Maybe they will put a usable thumb safety on this one.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Would be nice but they don’t seem to have been super ambitious with this one. Could have really used a little larger trigger guard too. Either way, the shield 2.0 has always been the best shooting single stack/micro for me so I’m excited enough that I may pick one up.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    I would start saving for one immediately. Anything else that needed spending money directed towards it would languish, unattended to until I had at least one, with a healthy supply of kydex and mags and my preferred sights.

And that has almost nothing to do with the capacity.

So have they finally ditched the S&W hinged trigger? I still remember how much I disliked that on my M&P FS9.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    So have they finally ditched the S&W hinged trigger? I still remember how much I disliked that on my M&P FS9.
    I would welcome it too, except for how much of the trigger guard it takes. Now sure if I can even stick my finger in without firing the gun, even without gloves.

Site Supporter
    Appears it’s a secret. I’m guessing it will be release at the virtual event. I like the concept. I just am not sure how this will be different from the original 9c except grip texture and trigger. Seems it would very similar in size.

Quote Originally Posted by camsdaddy View Post
    I’m guessing it will be release at the virtual event.
    I think they have one scheduled for Monday.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by camsdaddy View Post
    Appears it’s a secret. I’m guessing it will be release at the virtual event. I like the concept. I just am not sure how this will be different from the original 9c except grip texture and trigger. Seems it would very similar in size.
    I was just comparing a Shield to a M&P Compact, and it is similar to comparing a 43X/48 to a G26/19, the slide is much thinner on the slim line pistols.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List