Page 27 of 47 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: New High Capacity Shield

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye63 View Post
    Attachment 72276

The Shield Plus is bigger than the other micro nines .. extremely close in size to the Taurus G2c/G3c
    If the Taurus had a flat base .. it would be even closer
    I looked at a the Taurus above because of this photo and found it to be much larger than the shield. (think thickness and less rounded). To me a different size category.

Also even if it is close....The Shield is not a Taurus....

Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    I looked at a the Taurus above because of this photo and found it to be much larger than the shield. (think thickness and less rounded). To me a different size category.

Also even if it is close....The Shield is not a Taurus....
    https://www.handgunhero.com/compare/...-9-shield-plus

I do like my Shield ... great gun ...But .. I can’t say it runs better than my G2C .. nor does my 19 or 27...
    But the Shield is a great pistol !!! And if anyone that purchases one has done well !!

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Same here, I have had half a dozen pistols equipped with Talon grips and the G43X and G48 I owned are the only two I've left it on.

On topic: despite having never so much as seen one in person, the Shield plus is a super strong contender for me from one perspective: the standard flat face trigger. I never warmed up to the curved hook trigger in the M&P 1.0 that I started out with in 2013. It was otherwise really nice (from memory, it's been a while).

I have one experience with a rental Shield 1.0 and found it very jumpy. At the same session, I shot a G43 and had a similar reaction. The new 2.0 texture and grip I would imagine addresses some of that.

Seems to me the Shield plus is a pretty underrated pistol. Good for S&W, I hope they sell a bunch more Shields.
    I got a chance to fondle and dry fire a 4" Shield Plus and I liked it very much, especially the trigger.

I'm telling you, if I ever find any reason to replace my G48 for carry, I'll be getting a Shield Plus.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    I have one experience with a rental Shield 1.0 and found it very jumpy. At the same session, I shot a G43 and had a similar reaction. The new 2.0 texture and grip I would imagine addresses some of that.

Seems to me the Shield plus is a pretty underrated pistol. Good for S&W, I hope they sell a bunch more Shields.
    I found that the Talon sandpaper grips make a big difference in getting rid of the jumpiness with my 1.0. I also wound up putting in an Apex flat trigger.

The more I read here, the more I'm wanting the Plus as my optics gun.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

I sent a 2.0 Shield four inch slide to Maple Leaf, for direct milling a 507K. They turned it quickly and it showed up today. The pocket was very tight and I had to press hard to get the K on the slide. Their work looks excellent.

Name:  690A4E48-DE25-4215-AB45-D352D77B58B5.jpg
Views: 796
Size:  75.2 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I sent a 2.0 Shield four inch slide to Maple Leaf, for direct milling a 507K. They turned it quickly and it showed up today. The pocket was very tight and I had to press hard to get the K on the slide. Their work looks excellent.

Name:  690A4E48-DE25-4215-AB45-D352D77B58B5.jpg
Views: 796
Size:  75.2 KB
    GJM any chance that 4" is also ported? Think not but a recent vid. from Jerry has him digging his 4" ported version but I won't catch him to shoot it for a week/two. This from a guy that still EDC's a gen 1 that Mark milled for a DP so I'm looking/due for an upgrade perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor View Post
    GJM any chance that 4" is also ported? Think not but a recent vid. from Jerry has him digging his 4" ported version but I won't catch him to shoot it for a week/two. This from a guy that still EDC's a gen 1 that Mark milled for a DP so I'm looking/due for an upgrade perhaps.
    Nope, not ported.

Had a good outing last weekend with my shield plus. Added the XS F8 sights to her. Sights are good for fast up close stuff. But too thick of a front post and barely any light for precision work with my eyes.

Shield continues to impress me. Have a lot of rounds through g43s/g43x/OG shield. The shield plus for me is the best of the bunch. Trigger is great. Has digested 115 to 147 and is surprisingly soft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shot the Maple Leaf direct milled 507K this afternoon, and it worked as expected. Nice combination on the four inch Shield.

Wife gets it

I got the Plus for my wife, since she's sudden death with her standard 2.0.

She went from, "I don't want another gun," to, "Well, it's really small. You won't be needing this."

All is according to plan, except for the lack of additional magazines.

User Tag List