Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: New to me S&W Model 66-4

I had a 66-4 snubby that I sold in the late 90s. I keep trying to remember why I sold it and I can't. I miss it a lot.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Site Supporter
    Gave it some new sneakers. Hogue Bantam Finger Groove Grips in Cocobolo. I like them better than the Ahrends that it came with.
    Name:  Model 66 New Grips.jpg
Views: 254
Size:  88.0 KB
    I ordered another set for my Model 10 that I'm turning into a 3 inch round butt.
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

Quote Originally Posted by MDFA View Post
    Gave it some new sneakers. Hogue Bantam Finger Groove Grips in Cocobolo. I like them better than the Ahrends that it came with.
    Name:  Model 66 New Grips.jpg
Views: 254
Size:  88.0 KB
    I ordered another set for my Model 10 that I'm turning into a 3 inch round butt.
    How come? They look a little longer which I would like. They look really nice

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    How come? They look a little longer which I would like. They look really nice
    They are about an 8th of an inch longer, the real difference for me this that they don't have a ridge at the bottom front of the grip as the Ahrends do. (See the original photo of my revolver). That ridge hit in the middle of my little finger and changed the pointing characteristics and broke my grip. These allow my little finger to go just under the bottom of the grip. Plus I really like the look of Cocobolo. The Ahrends are really nice grips and are no longer made.
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

User Tag List