Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New to me S&W Model 66-4

Site Supporter

New to me S&W Model 66-4

Well I always wanted a Model 66 for an off duty gun when I was a young rookie cop, but with a young family it wasn't in the cards. I recently started researching and browsing Gun Broker etc. and discovered that if I thought they were expensive back in the day... well today was a whole new day.... I went into my LGS (which I could actually walk to if I wanted) and discovered that he had several used M-66s all in pretty fair shape. I picked this one which I felt was the pick of the litter, and also turned out to be the least expensive, and half the price of a similar one on GB. The finish is nearly NIB and it came with the Ahrends Cocobolo Concealed Carry Boot Grips. I brought it home today and checked the trigger pull which was 10.8 lbs. I opened her up and discovered old gummed up lube, but no other issues. I cleaned and lubed, replaced the stock Rebound Spring with a 15 lb. Wolff Rebound Spring which brought the double action pull down to 9.5 lbs and the single action to 3.8 lbs. Timing is good and no end shake. I'm very pleased with it. Now if I could just figure out where 44 years has gone.... Oh and my wife is a keeper!

Name:  M66-4 2 enhanced.jpg
Views: 882
Size:  55.1 KB Name:  M66-4 3 enhanced.jpg
Views: 1004
Size:  90.4 KB
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

Beautiful gun

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    ....so which gun shop and what do they want for the other examples?
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Christ I am jealous. That is a beautiful gun.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    ....so which gun shop and what do they want for the other examples?
    tradewindsguns.com 850-939-3303

He's closed Sunday and Monday.

As I recall 1000 1195 and 1295

I'm just a customer and have no affiliation with the business, other than they take my money....
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Christ I am jealous. That is a beautiful gun.

Thanks I'm really pleased with it.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    Beautiful gun
    Thanks. By the way did you ever shoot IDPA at Scarborough Fish and Game in Maine? If so we have more than likely met.

Nice set up, 66 2.5" are hard to beat in a Galco rig that rides high and secure.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeke38 View Post
    Nice set up, 66 2.5" are hard to beat in a Galco rig that rides high and secure.
    Thanks

That Galco Combat Master is actually for my 15-2. I just used it as a prop for the photo. I have a Combat Master on the way for the M66.

I am SO jealous!!! But in a nice way...

User Tag List