Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Minimalist 2 point AR slings?

Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Yeah, that’s all called progress dude. Some sling prices are out of control now a days but the benefit to having a quick adjust is pretty significant given that several designs include it at a decent price.
    Gee, is that called progress?!? Thank you so much for pointing that out... dude.

FFS, I know that, and I run modern quick adjust slings... dude.
    He said minimalist. The second post down from the OP was showing 550 cord attachment points. I was simply sharing a cheap and minimalist alternative... dude.
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

I have gotten by with a combination of paracord and the plain carrying straps that get issued with rifles but anymore I really like the Magpul slings. An MS1 is only $35. And you can always get the extra bits to make it an MS3/4 later if you want.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post
    Thanks to everyone, so far.
    I realized I neglected to answer your question.

No, a quick adjust 2-point sling is pretty much perfect for most guns.

If one uses a double qd endplate Or has QD on the stock and QD end plate, it's pretty easy to make a 'pseudo' single-point sling, by simply moving the forward QD rearward.

Rob_S and I are in agreement here, QDs are the best form of sling attachment. And having 3-4 spots to plug the sling in is ideal.

Patriot Trading / Indian Creek. Used by some tip of the spear folks, excellent quality, and inexpensive. Only available via fleabay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Indian-Cree...T/253089164029

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    I realized I neglected to answer your question.

No, a quick adjust 2-point sling is pretty much perfect for most guns.

If one uses a double qd endplate Or has QD on the stock and QD end plate, it's pretty easy to make a 'pseudo' single-point sling, by simply moving the forward QD rearward.

Rob_S and I are in agreement here, QDs are the best form of sling attachment. And having 3-4 spots to plug the sling in is ideal.
    I prefer having QD points on the left side of the handguard just forward of the delta ring, on the backplate and on the right rear of the buttstock. I also put IWC 2 to 1 slides on my Boonie Packer 2P-ATQ slings to allow for quick changeover to a single point.

I’m a big fan of MOE handguards. Years back I posted a tutorial on Arfcom about how to add a IWC QD cup to the rear of a MOE handguard, and amazingly it’s still up:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/ar-15/-/19-532136/?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    @Mack and Mastermind Tactics just dropped their 2-point sling recently - https://www.mastermindtactics.com/shop/twopointsling - Comes with one QD and then however else you want to configure it. At $29.99 right now, it's a steal, in my opinion, for a quick adjust 2-point. The last Vicker's Sling I bought from BFG was like 75 bucks.
    I just ordered one of these, I'm a big fan of the SOB B-sling's 'pull back to tighten' and 'push forward to loosen' so thought I would try one. It also comes set up so my wife won't have to sew, I generally buy SOB mash hooks and have her sew on a QD.

Rob s mentioned that he doesn't like loose tails. I tend to agree. Once I decided I was no longer in a position to operate operationally it was pretty easy to adjust lengths of my slings and snip and seal the ends to get rid of most of the tail. Always leave some tail in case your weight rebounds, but you don't need a lot of tail. (tail jokes are too obvious, so please, don't)

I have the more expensive MS4 from Magpul, but otherwise I'd be tempted to go with the MS1 or the Mastermind from Mack if I wanted something minimalist.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I have the more expensive MS4 from Magpul, but otherwise I'd be tempted to go with the MS1 or the Mastermind from Mack if I wanted something minimalist.
    I really wish that when they went from the MS1 to the MS1 QDM they'd do more than just add two QD swivels for the $40 increase. I like the Magpul swivels and all, I just wish they sewed them in for all that extra money and ditched all that extra hardware.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

I got a few of these recently and they've worked well with some QD's installed.

https://www.trunkmonkeydesigns.com/q...2-point-slings

Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I really wish that when they went from the MS1 to the MS1 QDM they'd do more than just add two QD swivels for the $40 increase. I like the Magpul swivels and all, I just wish they sewed them in for all that extra money and ditched all that extra hardware.
    I don't know the ins and outs of their product line. The MS4 is the only one I've owned and it works fine for my purposes. Probably more than I required, but I liked having options.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

User Tag List