Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Minimalist 2 point AR slings?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Don't know anything about either of these companies but I ran across this and it reminded me of this thread: New From Klik Belts and Black Collar Arms: The Klik Sling 2-Point Modular Quick Adjust Rifle Sling
    Had someone said “we are going to add a cobra bucke to a two-point skin GL I’d have thought “well that’s goddamn stupid”, but seeing it in pictures and the way they implemented it, I don’t mind it as much as I’d have thought I would.

That said, I’m not sure I get the point. They seem to want to market it as a way to move the sling from gun to gun, something I’ve been doing for years. I just simply install QD sockets on all the guns and move the sling around that way.

I *suppose* that moving the sling to non-AR-based rifles may make adding QD sockets harder, but that seems kind of a stretch to me.

And, by the time you absorb the cost for a pair of cobra buckles, at what point does it not just make more sense to buy more slings (particularly some of the cheep-ohs that have been posted in this thread) and leave them with the gun?

Finally, funnily enough, they suggest that the cobra buckle would allow for quick release if the gun was caught on something. Pretty sure that the last time I checked, cobra buckles were made such that they couldn’t be released when under tension? Like, that’s their whole jam? Maybe this is a different variant?
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Reviving this because I'm probably going to pick up a sling or two this weekend.

There have been comments about the BFG Vickers sling being a little heavy and difficult to adjust, possibly not wanting to adjust reasonably or at all when dirty.

There has been at least one comment about the Magpul slider not staying put when running or moving.

It's kind of between these two. I have a Magpul and haven't had any issues with it so far, but not staying put is a "reliability"/function issue in my mind, so the report worries me. The Vickers costs a bit more. I also like the cleaner characteristic of the Magpul slider without the extra tab flapping around. Wondering whether I should try the Vickers anyway.

Any additional discussion or strong feelings between the two? Additional experiences to report?
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

The ironical vickers is heavy and rigid for a sling but I think they have a lighter version of it. I’ve had one or two that got reasonably dirty and never had an issue adjusting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another source for lightweight:

https://www.armageddongear.com/LFT-L...ing_p_130.html

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    I went with the the U loop B Sling from SOB at 39 ish. They have a MASH hook version for under 30.00.
    https://sobtactical.com/slings/

I am using this with a 16 inch very 2008ish FrankenCarbine (Armalite lower/Bushmaster super lightweight upper.) I am attaching the rear to a RRA OEM 6 Position Adjustable stock. The front thru a hole on a YHM or MI carbine length drop in 4 rail as the "screw holes of my Gen 1 version are NOT threaded for any type of usable hardware.

I would not that a bit after my purchase-Mastermind Tactics came out with the 2QD version below at 39 ish.. If I was already set up to take such hardware (and I am not) , I suspect I would buy from MMT and drive on.

https://www.mastermindtactics.com/shop/twopointsling

Tell us what you do and why you do it in the end.

Be safe and well.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Reviving this because I'm probably going to pick up a sling or two this weekend.

There have been comments about the BFG Vickers sling being a little heavy and difficult to adjust, possibly not wanting to adjust reasonably or at all when dirty.

There has been at least one comment about the Magpul slider not staying put when running or moving.

It's kind of between these two. I have a Magpul and haven't had any issues with it so far, but not staying put is a "reliability"/function issue in my mind, so the report worries me. The Vickers costs a bit more. I also like the cleaner characteristic of the Magpul slider without the extra tab flapping around. Wondering whether I should try the Vickers anyway.

Any additional discussion or strong feelings between the two? Additional experiences to report?
    I've tried both (and probably way too many other slings). I did have some issues with the Magpul slider not staying put. I never had any issues with the BFG being difficult to adjust, but it IS heavy and I really don't like the feel of the material.

The best minimalist sling I've tried is the Proctor sling. The paracord ends easily attach to pretty much anything. The slider is super low profile but still easy to use. When stowed it takes up almost no space on the rifle. Its also one of the cheapest sling options, especially when you factor in not having to buy more hardware.

I’ve used the BFG vickers in some gnarly brush with a heavy rifle all day and couldn’t be happier with it. I never had any issues with the slider even when coated with the dust that covers everything in the southern UT mountains.

I also have an equal number of magpul slings, but less time in the field with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    I went with the the U loop B Sling from SOB at 39 ish. They have a MASH hook version for under 30.00.
    https://sobtactical.com/slings/

I am using this with a 16 inch very 2008ish FrankenCarbine (Armalite lower/Bushmaster super lightweight upper.) I am attaching the rear to a RRA OEM 6 Position Adjustable stock. The front thru a hole on a YHM or MI carbine length drop in 4 rail as the "screw holes of my Gen 1 version are NOT threaded for any type of usable hardware.

I would not that a bit after my purchase-Mastermind Tactics came out with the 2QD version below at 39 ish.. If I was already set up to take such hardware (and I am not) , I suspect I would buy from MMT and drive on.

https://www.mastermindtactics.com/shop/twopointsling

Tell us what you do and why you do it in the end.

Be safe and well.
    Use the MM 2 point on a 9mm carbine.
    Good sling, but it is long. Several tries to adjust the perfect size.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Quote Originally Posted by MEH View Post
    I use redi-mag's 2P Tactical Quick Adjustable Sling. $20-$25 depending on width and kitting. Never felt like I needed anything else. Pretty basic.
    These are also known as Boonie Packer slings. I heard of them while reading a gun magazine article by Ken Hackathorn in which he recommended them. I have this model (in quote) on both my 870, M4 and my hunting rifle.

https://www.citizengearco.com/

I guess this was a member from AR15.com, so I decided to support small business. Good guy, and sling is nice for my 6920.

User Tag List