Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ford electric Mustang Mach E

Ford electric Mustang Mach E

That’s not a Mustang to my eyes.

https://www.ford.com/suvs/mach-e/

#RESIST

I got over caring about car names when I got behind the wheel of my 2005 GTO and snapped my own head back with the acceleration. Then I delighted in doing the same to many, many people that said "yeah, I know it's cool and all, but I wish they hadn't used the GTO naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame..."

I was lukewarm about the Mach E.

Then I saw this. I'm not an idiot, I know that "mine" won't be like "his", but this thing turned the old "I ain't gonna own nothing but American V8s for the rest of my life" bastard into an "oh my god I want that fucking thing!"

Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I got over caring about car names when I got behind the wheel of my 2005 GTO and snapped my own head back with the acceleration. Then I delighted in doing the same to many, many people that said "yeah, I know it's cool and all, but I wish they hadn't used the GTO naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame..."

I was lukewarm about the Mach E.

Then I saw this. I'm not an idiot, I know that "mine" won't be like "his", but this thing turned the old "I ain't gonna own nothing but American V8s for the rest of my life" bastard into an "oh my god I want that fucking thing!"
    I agree with you for the most part, it’s the styling I can’t get over.
    #RESIST

On the styling front I think I need to see one in person. It's got those weird SUV lines that I think may not com accross as well in pictures, and where certain colors may look better than others.

FWIW, I find the styling of the current "real" Mustang to be the best ever. Which is saying alot for me. My previous #1, and now #2, is the 1971 Mach 1 429 CJ. Maybe the fact that my previous favorite was a "hatchback" makes the Mach E a little less offensive...

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 391
Size:  57.3 KB
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Agree, it seems like strange marketing.
    But it got me to thinking about what I could do with a 300 mile range but no opportunity to "fill up" on the road.

I am not a vacationer, my only highway travel these days is to a same day shooting match. My most distant regular event is 135 miles by the most direct route, 270 miles round trip with no allowance for picking up passengers or diverting for lunch afterwards. Would I be comfortable at 90%+ of maximum range? Probably not. But the next farthest is 101 miles which would be fine and all local errands would be easy.

I had been looking at the Honda Clarity pluggable hybrid. I could get a lot of my daily driving done with a 46 mile all electric range.

The bad news is, my house is a typical contractor job and does not have the spare electrical capacity for a 32 amp 240 volt level 2 charger. I wonder if I could connect it to the clothes dryer line with a lockout so I could not turn on both at once.

Oh, by the way, I could keep my middle aged BMW for when I felt sporty, I do not need an electric dragster.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

It is not a Mustang and Lee Iacocca is turning over in his grave right now.

Full Stop.

It could be fun to drive, it could be fast as well, but it's a Mach-E not a Mustang.

Also, it's uglier than if Diane Feinstein and Nancy Pelosi had a horrible mutant child together.

Are these out already? Because I think I saw one on a road but didn't know what it was.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    I can't decide if it's idiocy or genius to call it a Mustang. Idiocy due to brand dilution, genius due to manufactured controversy and free publicity as people polarize and discuss.

I agree with Rob_s that the current 'real' Mustangs are primo. I like them better then the 6th gen Camaro. They moved a little to import-ish/Euro to me compared to the 5th gens, which are the primo Camaro IMO. The Challenger still looks sweet and nails the retro look just right.

I've no interest in the Mach E. I've got real interest in a performance hybrid set up. A Coyote paired with an electric "boost" would be the tits if you could put the power down.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Are these out already? Because I think I saw one on a road but didn't know what it was.
    That was probably a Tesla. Just sayin'.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

It's nice to see the Mustang is getting back to its roots as the secretary's car...

User Tag List