Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Snowpocalypse now

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&__cft__[0]=AZWfCs1bLv9oKs5M4vEN0KuCltt-3iURKTbUIWisDd8-z8Ccwr_AAuQipPlTyP_WNCWc-YHDR421OejAiGkWOJDBh6a3q2uF7lvEBy8cxLnqwZXHyigNKtJ KVbecHu2JvxJRsvkeapOC5LnSv-PWM28nuyAyGuKAXEr6wmzZpkY7J6yOgghF6QabHsEFyXAgYIQ& __tn__=R]-R

A local HS teacher has been doing weather predictions and hitting it correctly all winter. He says one model is calling for 134 inches. Stay safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Anyone else gearing up for a big snow this weekend? The National Weather Service is predicting 1-2 feet of snow for the Denver metro area, with the blizzard forecast to kick off Friday evening and last through the weekend. Was 70F and sunny when I left the range on Tuesday morning....

@LittleLebowski probably is going to get absolutely kicked in the teeth with snow. Hope you're ready to hunker down.
    I think we’ll get a couple inches down South. Had some hella ominous clouds coming over the mountains last night and didn’t even get rain
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

National Weather Service says we might get 1-2 inches on Monday. It's due to be in the 50s and maybe 60s otherwise here.

Good luck, Mountain & upper Plains folk!
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    LOL. After living in Minnesota for 2 years my standards for what I think is "cold" and "a lot of snow" are forever broken. I'm not stressed about this coming weekend unless we lose power.
    Yeah. When I lived in Missouri, a forecast of 4" of snow or better was enough to empty out the shelves of bread, milk and maybe beer. Having lived in upper and lower New England, as well as Chicagoland and Cleveland, I would look at the people panic-buying and wonder "what the hell is wrong with you people?"
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    Cue the Spring Ahead weather for Dallas.
    134 inches of white stuff is crazy. Y'all stay safe.

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

134 inches?

Okay, that's ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post
    National Weather Service says we might get 1-2 inches on Monday. It's due to be in the 50s and maybe 60s otherwise here.
    Yeah, last I looked, it was supposed to hit 58 F for a high tomorrow. Hopefully the snow melt situation has kept progressing over the last few days - I'm planning on getting out for a bike ride tomorrow, and I'd love it if I don't end up with a wet, sandy ass like I did on Sunday and Tuesday. I guess on some level, filthy legs/filthy bike are kind of par for the course this time of year, presuming it's warm enough to get out at all..

Big storms in the West usually don’t make the news.

We need the water.
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Big storms in the West usually don’t make the news.

We need the water.
    Very true. mountain snowpack is non-existent.

Natl Weather service is ranking this among the top 5 biggest snowfalls in CO state history, though. If we break into the 2 foot region we will definitely set some new records - big if, however. We'll see

All the cool shit looks to be set to happen up your way. Darn. I love a good winter storm.

I haven't been snowed in since October 1997. Well overdue.

User Tag List