Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best 5.56 flash hider/comp device

Best 5.56 flash hider/comp device

All of my AR uppers either have a comp suitable for 3gun/USPSA or a flash hider of some sort, mostly A1 or A2, or a YHM version.

My new WWSD build is quite "whippy" shot to shot and needs something other than the A1 birdcage I built it with to smooth that out.

Anybody have a device available in the current market that you think does a good job of being both the flash hider and gives a bit more comp performance than a plain old A2 bird cage?

thanks
    Support the Second Amendment Foundation and the Firearms Policy Coalition, join and give!

I’ve got a BCM on my BCM upper, seems to do both reasonably well.

This might help too:

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/ar...ider-shootout/

I'm a big fan of the Surefire Warcomps, I find them less blasty than most other designs and they hide the flash real well.

Smith Enterprise Vortex is my favorite for flash suppression. I have no need for a comp.

Two things- if you’re using a Faxon mid-length barrel, they tend to be quite gassy. I ended up using an adjustable gas block. Second, the Strike J-Comp is surprisingly effective and economical while being less obnoxious than a number of other comps. Also, it’s usually around $40.
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

I have this on my 11.5 build. IMO it does a good job as a comp and for flash suppression.

https://sjhardware.us/product/ar15-2...ator-nano-1-5/

Quote Originally Posted by DpdG View Post
    a Faxon mid-length barrel, they tend to be quite gassy. .
    Went with the Daniel Defense version of the same, pencil barrel midlength gas, but that problem may be present. This is the first time I have used a skeletonized BC as well and I just have a standard buffer in place, so several things I can do to tame this I think,.

Thanks for all the recommendations.
    Support the Second Amendment Foundation and the Firearms Policy Coalition, join and give!

If you don’t need a suppressor mount but want a good compromise, I prefer the BCM Comp if the comp side is more important or the Forward Controls Design 6315 if the flash hider is more important. Both are hybrids but the BCM is definitely more of a comp than the FCD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    Went with the Daniel Defense version of the same, pencil barrel midlength gas, but that problem may be present. This is the first time I have used a skeletonized BC as well and I just have a standard buffer in place, so several things I can do to tame this I think,.

Thanks for all the recommendations.
    I suspect the DD barrel isn’t as overgassed as the Faxon, but lightweight BCG without adjustable gas block is not a normal combo. Generally when using a lightweight bcg, one turns down the gas to compensate as less energy is needed to cycle. I would play with gas/reciprocating weight before muzzle device as excess bolt velocity will wear on internals like hammer pin and disconnector, even if a comp brings felt recoil back to average.
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

Black River Tactical has gas tubes with different port sizes, so you can simulate a smaller barrel port.

I'm trying out a Superlative Arms gas block right now, as it was recommended by Rainier Arms to pair with their precision SPR barrel. That block bleeds gas off, not like most blocks which just reduce the port size

User Tag List