Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best 5.56 flash hider/comp device

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    Black River Tactical has gas tubes with different port sizes, so you can simulate a smaller barrel port.

I'm trying out a Superlative Arms gas block right now, as it was recommended by Rainier Arms to pair with their precision SPR barrel. That block bleeds gas off, not like most blocks which just reduce the port size
    I have the SA bleed off block on a Faxon 14.5” middy (.082” port per their specs vs. .072-076” for most manufacturers). So far I’m very happy with it, but admittedly my round count has been pretty low on that upper due to the ammo situation.

FWIW, I have a similar 16” BA Hansen that is advertised around .074” and it runs great with M16 BCG/H2 and AE223 ammo.
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

Quote Originally Posted by Colt191145lover View Post
    I'm a big fan of the Surefire Warcomps, I find them less blasty than most other designs and they hide the flash real well.
    In my testing, many moons ago, IIRC this was the best "flash hider".
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

I have no direct experience, but a very good buddy of mine says that this FH works really well, even on his shorty 7.62 HK417. Says it barely glows under nods. No idea what ammo he's issued, as that always makes a difference

https://precisionarmament.com/efab-hybrid-muzzle-brake/

Site Supporter
    I’d be tempted to go with the closed tined Warcomp.

No ping, good reduction in flash, and good reviews on flattening the recoil out.
    God Bless,

Brandon

I love the warcomp.
    Come, mother, come! For terror is thy name, death is in thy breath, and every shaking step destroys a world for e'er. Thou 'time', the all-destroyer! Come, O mother, come!

I've settled on EFAB on 5.56. I have others on my infrequent shooters. V6 with Diffuser, A2, BCM but prefer the EFB for balance of concussion and handling. I have the old PWS on a 5.45 and its LOUD. The V6 is also quite nasty, seems a little less nasty with diffuser.

Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    Went with the Daniel Defense version of the same, pencil barrel midlength gas, but that problem may be present. This is the first time I have used a skeletonized BC as well and I just have a standard buffer in place, so several things I can do to tame this I think,.

Thanks for all the recommendations.
    I'd put a full auto profile bolt carrier and a H1 or H2 buffer in it before trying to tame it with brake or a comp.

Quote Originally Posted by BWT View Post
    I’d be tempted to go with the closed tined Warcomp.

No ping, good reduction in flash, and good reviews on flattening the recoil out.

Hate to say that my closed tine Warcomp still rings, although not as bad as the open tine.

I've heard folks here and there talk about how the open-tine WarComps can cause accuracy issues, but they seem few and far between. On the flip side, I'm told that the closed-tine WarComps do not suppress flash as well as the open-tine.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Colt191145lover View Post
    Hate to say that my closed tine Warcomp still rings, although not as bad as the open tine.
    You’re dead to me.

Well that’s unfortunate. I honestly wonder how that’s possible with a close tined (not doubting you just baffled). Thank you for the insight.
    Last edited by BWT; 03-15-2021 at 11:03 PM.
    God Bless,

Brandon

User Tag List