Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Simply Rugged Shootist

Simply Rugged Shootist

Has anyone here tried the Simply Rugged “Shootist” holster for a Ruger Blackhawk?

https://www.simplyrugged.com/ecommer...474&parent=669

I’m looking for something to use at the range or hunting on a 2” gun belt and it looks promising.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick R View Post
    Has anyone here tried the Simply Rugged “Shootist” holster for a Ruger Blackhawk?

https://www.simplyrugged.com/ecommer...474&parent=669

I’m looking for something to use at the range or hunting on a 2” gun belt and it looks promising.
    bumped

Not me but it really looks like an appealing holster to me. Very tempted to get one for the 5" 1911s.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

I cant comment on the Shootist but I have a Cattleman - Leather Holster (simplyrugged.com) for my 5 inch Gp100 that I fixed to a 2 inch Triple K belt. 10/10 would recommend! I appreciate the leather hammer thong in the brush.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Dane View Post
    I cant comment on the Shootist but I have a Cattleman - Leather Holster (simplyrugged.com) for my 5 inch Gp100 that I fixed to a 2 inch Triple K belt. 10/10 would recommend! I appreciate the leather hammer thong in the brush.
    I have three of Simply Rugged’s pancake holsters (a short stack?) for different guns. Not much to look at, very comfortable and secure holsters.

I posted this same question on three different forums, so far it’s had around 500 looks and four replies but no one has bought a Shootist. I may have to have faith and just order one.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Dane View Post
    I cant comment on the Shootist but I have a Cattleman - Leather Holster (simplyrugged.com)..
    Me too, a 'crossdraw' for a New Bearcat. It's a great holster, and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.

The 'Shootist' looks good too, but they don't make it for a New Bearcat.

You've probably watched this already:

Site Supporter
    Not this brand but I suggest this before ordering a Blackhawk holster. I bought a similar one from a good maker and soon figured out that it was designed to fit the two different sizes of Ruger 45 single actions. The New Vaquero and the other Vaquero along with the New Model Blackhawk fit this holster because it was a one size fit all job. My slightly smaller New Vaquero was more loose than I desired. This type approach is seen in cheaper holsters yet I did not pay a cheap price.

I really dont like their pancake holsters but do like their other options.

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    I really dont like their pancake holsters but do like their other options.
    I joke that their pancake looks like someone tried to make a leather cow patty. But I forget I’m wearing my GP-100.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick R View Post
    I joke that their pancake looks like someone tried to make a leather cow patty. But I forget I’m wearing my GP-100.

This. It's definitely a "form follows function" kind of thing. I love that holster and hate the way it looks.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

User Tag List