Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Another 3" M10 Thread

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    There's a 3" M64 up on GB, at $500 with two days to go.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    There's a 3" M64 up on GB, at $500 with two days to go.
    That's a nice one. The barrel is the same profile as on my M10 rather than a heavy barrel.

Site Supporter
    Chuck, that looks like the standard HB profile to me. I'm not at all sure what you mean by "rather than a heavy barrel". And inquiring minds want to know. (smile)

Dave

Site Supporter
    Dave - On second look, I think you’re right. That was a quick glance right before I headed to Dallas.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    Not without some trepidation, since it's been about ten years since the last time I've done it, I took off the side plate and cleaned the inside. It really wasn't too bad. The worst part was the rebound slide, which is pretty freckled. I put it back together and did a function check and it still works.

I'm doing a HiTS class Sunday and will use it to vet this revolver. Assuming it works, it may well become my "travel gun" due to its size. On the way home from the class I'll stop somewhere and pick up some 600 wet/dry sandpaper and when I get home I'll deal with that rebound slide.
    I was at the class yesterday in the same squad as you and it was cool to watch you run that M10 like a champ. From what I saw, your project is coming along nicely.

Great to meet you and thanks for the tip on painting the front sight on my own M10.

Site Supporter
    I decided to break down and get the gun refinished. @SeriousStudent referred me to a guy near me who does that kind of work. I'm going to have it parkerized rather than blued so it'll resist rust better. It'll be about three weeks before I get it back, just in time for the Givens Defensive Revolver course at KR Training. My IWB 3 from JMCK for it should be here by then too.

I decided to break down and get the gun refinished. @SeriousStudent referred me to a guy near me who does that kind of work. I'm going to have it parkerized rather than blued so it'll resist rust better. It'll be about three weeks before I get it back, just in time for the Givens Defensive Revolver course at KR Training. My IWB 3 from JMCK for it should be here by then too.
    I am looking forward to shooting that pistol!

Site Supporter
    The gunsmith called and told me the gun is ready, so I'll drive out there tomorrow and pick it up. The holster for it should be here tomorrow or Friday. I keep targets in the truck and I'll throw the gun bag with some ammo in there too so I can stop at the range on the way back. Gotta get that turn ring started again.

The gunsmith called and told me the gun is ready, so I'll drive out there tomorrow and pick it up. The holster for it should be here tomorrow or Friday. I keep targets in the truck and I'll throw the gun bag with some ammo in there too so I can stop at the range on the way back. Gotta get that turn ring started again.
    Let's see it now and hear how you like it.

User Tag List