Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Another 3" M10 Thread

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Looks great! Are you going to bob the hammer?
    That's the plan. I'm trying to find someone local who can convert it to DAO and bob the hammer. Most of the local guys think that handguns started with Glocks.

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    That's the plan. I'm trying to find someone local who can convert it to DAO and bob the hammer. Most of the local guys think that handguns started with Glocks.
    Dremel.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BN View Post
    Dremel.
    Uh-uh. That puts me squarely in "A man's got to know his limitations" territory.

Most of the local guys think that handguns started with Glocks.
    Oy. A patient man could do a decent job starting with a Dremel and finish with files/stones. An impatient man like me would forget the DAO and just bob the hammer.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by NPV View Post
    Unlined leather with some accumulated dirt and sand will get you there
    I'll send you some Florida "Sugar Sand" to toss inside the holster. That will take care of the rest of the finish...
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Oy. A patient man could do a decent job starting with a Dremel and finish with files/stones. An impatient man like me would forget the DAO and just bob the hammer.
    DITTO to this. I'm not all that patient either, and like Chuck I know my limits.

Better yet, if I was going to carry the gun for serious I would consider one of the Apex Tactical DAO hammers. The one I have in my 386 NG dropped in and immediately improved the trigger stroke...no patience required except taking the side plate screws out carefully.

Dave

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave T View Post
    DITTO to this. I'm not all that patient either, and like Chuck I know my limits.

Better yet, if I was going to carry the gun for serious I would consider one of the Apex Tactical DAO hammers. The one I have in my 386 NG dropped in and immediately improved the trigger stroke...no patience required except taking the side plate screws out carefully.

Dave
    Dave - This gun's too old for that, looks like a '79 production date by the serial number. It's got a hammer-mounted firing pin.

Site Supporter
    Dave - This gun's too old for that, looks like a '79 production date by the serial number. It's got a hammer-mounted firing pin.
    Ya know, I should have seen that. My bad, as the younger folks used to say! Guess we're back to Hambo's 'forget the DAO and bob the hammer' idea.

Dave

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave T View Post
    Ya know, I should have seen that. My bad, as the younger folks used to say! Guess we're back to Hambo's 'forget the DAO and bob the hammer' idea.

Dave
    I have two like that. They work fine.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    Not without some trepidation, since it's been about ten years since the last time I've done it, I took off the side plate and cleaned the inside. It really wasn't too bad. The worst part was the rebound slide, which is pretty freckled. I put it back together and did a function check and it still works.

I'm doing a HiTS class Sunday and will use it to vet this revolver. Assuming it works, it may well become my "travel gun" due to its size. On the way home from the class I'll stop somewhere and pick up some 600 wet/dry sandpaper and when I get home I'll deal with that rebound slide.

User Tag List