Thread: Is there a good solution to mounting an RMR or RMRcc on a Glock 43X or Glock 48 yet?

Is there a good solution to mounting an RMR or RMRcc on a Glock 43X or Glock 48 yet?

Is there a good solution to mounting an RMR or RMRcc on a Glock 43X or Glock 48 yet and keep backup irons behind the optic?

I see Suarez offers an adapter to mount a standard RMR. Since he's the only one doing it I'm guessing it isn't a great solution.

I posted this in another thread:

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    JagerWerks and BattleWerx will only mill for the RMRcc on slimline Glocks with rear sight in front of the optic, or no rear sight at all. Same with Maple Leaf:

Due to the dimensions of the drop safety mechanism, it is not possible to put the RMRcc optic cut in front of the rear iron sight dovetail on a Glock 43/43X/48 slide. Doing so would compromise the drop safety mechanism.

Suarez slide work

I have 2 Glock slides done by Suarez. They mill the slide and install their Narrow Slide Adaptor (NSA) plate to mount the rds (rmr in my case). The NSA does two things: it covers the drop safety channel while maintaining the original channel dimensions and it fully supports the rds.
    The rds is slightly higher than a direct mount (like it would be on a larger pistol), but lower than an MOS slide. Co-witness irons are suppressor height.
    The system works great and is durable (I've been shooting these for a year) on my G43x.
    The rmr is slightly wider than the slide which may explain why more people aren't doing it. IMHO this is not an issue and is not noticeable in use.
    BTW: I don't work for Suarez nor do I profit in any way from passing this along.

User Tag List