Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Postal Idiocy - Again

Postal Idiocy - Again

Bought a C&R revolver off another forum. Shipped via Priority Mail. Up until yesterday, tracking showed due for delivery today. Then, this morning, the dreaded "Arriving Late". Then a few minutes ago, I opened my email from USPS Informed Delivery. It shows the package out for delivery. However, the tracking info shows it at Barrigada GU distribution center as of tomorrow morning. That happens to be in Guam, so I guess it is already tomorrow there.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by LtDave View Post
    Bought a C&R revolver off another forum. Shipped via Priority Mail. Up until yesterday, tracking showed due for delivery today. Then, this morning, the dreaded "Arriving Late". Then a few minutes ago, I opened my email from USPS Informed Delivery. It shows the package out for delivery. However, the tracking info shows it at Barrigada GU distribution center as of tomorrow morning. That happens to be in Guam, so I guess it is already tomorrow there.
    I've had two packages, one within the last week, end up in Guam too.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    I've done a lot of buying/selling online lately and despite a lot of trepidation, have somehow had zero problems with USPS.

Checking my USPS account, I've sold 8 items since Jan 22 and shipped all via USPS. All arrived successfully, none were delayed by more than a couple days.

I have one that left Las vegas, 2.5 hours away. Arrived here at my PO on the day it was supposed to (saturday), then went to st george Ut and is now in denver, Colorado WTF. It was something I needed ASAP for a job. - Priority mail. I knew I should have driven up there

I shipped some magzines to Oh recenty. Left here went to vegas, then LA and sat there for days. 14 days later it arrived in OH - Priority mail

The USPS is a clown show

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    I've done a lot of buying/selling online lately and despite a lot of trepidation, have somehow had zero problems with USPS.

Checking my USPS account, I've sold 8 items since Jan 22 and shipped all via USPS. All arrived successfully, none were delayed by more than a couple days.
    So far, all mine with "excursions" have arrived safely, albeit late. But this is my first that was detoured to Guam.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by LtDave View Post
    So far, all mine with "excursions" have arrived safely, albeit late. But this is my first that was detoured to Guam.
    That beats my worst of late.

Sent a holster to GA from NC, (three hours away), and it went to Portland, OR and then back to GA but only arrived a day later than scheduled.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

My last two USPS packages were 14 and 16 days.
    At this time I will not buy anything that ships USPS.

Bought a pistol from a shop in UT, had them send it to local FFL shop in NC. Not sent USPS, but FedEx, 2nd Day. Left UT on 2/25, arrived in Memphis 2/27. Sat there for five days, with me calling and politely asking that they provide proof that they have it, or that I would have to (have sending shop) file the ATF "Interstate Firearms Shipment Theft/Loss Report"

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/form/interstate firearms-shipment-theftloss-report-atf-form-33106/download

and maybe contact the Memphis PD about concern that it was stolen by an employee - - - neither of which seemed to bother the FedEx reps. They did PROMISE I'd get a call back. Never did. But then I got an email notice of delivery to the local shop.

So, maybe equal "quality of service". Does that make anyone feel better . . .

And some people want federal gov't healthcare
    #RESIST

Site Supporter

Angry

The U.S. Postal Service...fuck those motherfuckers.

I sold an MTB fork about 6 months ago and shipped it via USPS, insured for the sale price of $500. Of course, they lost it.

It's insured...so no problem, right?

First off, they make the claim process as difficult as they can to dissuade you...you can't do it from the Post Office, you have to call and navigate through a phone tree to wind up talking to an actual person. Then you have to go to an obscure page on the USPS website to submit the required documents to support the claim. So I provided a copy of the online ad and the Paypal transaction showing the exact price paid by the buyer. The result?

They denied the claim, citing that I didn't provide documentation or a receipt showing where I originally purchased the item. YGBFSM! It's a fucking bicycle fork that came mounted to a bicycle purchased new...of course I don't have a receipt for the individual fork. And how does the original purchase of an item factor in to this transaction? What if it's something I received as a gift or an heirloom and their is no receipt from an original transaction? Of course none of that is pertinent...it's just a way for them to fuck you and I when they lose/steal our stuff.

User Tag List