Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why does junk like this call to me?

Why does junk like this call to me?

https://blackmarketarms.com/firearms...8221-bbl-blue5

Ive had a detective special before. Carried it in a galco horsehide aiwb about 15 years ago when i couldn't carry my 1911.

Ive wanted to replace it for a long time.

What are the odds that these rust buckets have decent actions?

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post

Ive had a detective special before. Carried it in a galco horsehide aiwb about 15 years ago when i couldn't carry my 1911.

Buy one and give us a report. Somebody has to go in first.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post

That’s hard to say. It may be as bad internally as it looks. On the other hand, I bought a really gnarly looking Model 10 a few years ago that has a very tight action.

$500 crapshoot.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Light rust speckles in spots or finish wear generally doesn’t bother me, but that much rust over the whole gun would make me wary.

Site Supporter
    If it was $200, it might get my attention. At $500? There’s way better guns out there that don’t look like they got dredged out of a sewer.

For me I stand with Duelist on this one. Somebody selling junk in a season of panic. Better places to spend the bucks. $200 worth a shot.

Why firearms call us has to do with memories as you shared. First generation Camaros call me, no matter what condition. It brings back good memories, and with me, I was still in high school so buying a car of any kind was out of the question.

There are pistols/revolvers I have sold/traded to purchase another firearm. And when I see one of those that I use to own, it pulls at my heart strings. And most of the time I kick myself for ever selling that particular firearm.

As far as that Colt revolver goes, it's something only you can resolve. Lets say you get the Colt and it is not what you thought it would be. Look at it from the aspect of how much you could get for it if you decided to sell it. Personally, if I bought a firearm in that appearance, I would buy it from the aspect of refinishing, replace defective parts and new grips......then keep it forever.

I would have to inspect that one in person before purchasing. A look at the bore would give some clues about the action internals. Based on the pictures, I would pass.

Count me in with @Duelist
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    The seller has a bunch of them on gunbroker at various prices and conditions.

Here's one from another seller that appears to be in nice condition and is at $475 with no bids, about 2 days to go: https://www.gunbroker.com/item/894055637
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

User Tag List