Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The tail end of the ‘80s called today...

Quote Originally Posted by WDR View Post

ETA: I don't know about the ammo either... cant read the headstamp or make out what it is. Not that it matters much. 9BP or 9BPLE?
    You most def got me there: it’s GDHP! I do have some 9BP that I could have subbed, but it’s a PITA to pull rounds out of the clips...

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Remind us what the keys go to, please.

Nothing to pulse-pounding: an ‘86 Lincoln Town Car.

”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post

Insert "Medicare Sled" joke here...
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

What's the wave adapter? I like waved knives but I've never seen that before.

What light is that? And if it's really late-80's vintage, why would you not replace it with something more modern? Out of all the things in that photo (other than maybe ammo), light and battery technology are what's improved the most in the last 30+ years.

Quote Originally Posted by Cory View Post
    What's the wave adapter? I like waved knives but I've never seen that before.
    https://5x5combatsolutions.com/shop/...t-exo-ccessory

Quote Originally Posted by CleverNickname View Post
    What light is that? And if it's really late-80's vintage, why would you not replace it with something more modern? Out of all the things in that photo (other than maybe ammo), light and battery technology are what's improved the most in the last 30+ years.
    It’s one of the original, round bezel LP stamped surefire 6Ps. Originally a whopping 65 lumens or something, it now has a Malkoff warm tint drop-in that gives more like 200 or so, with epic run time.

https://malkoffdevices.com/collectio...o-fit-surefire

The Lincoln’s tires aren’t original either...
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Maybe not pulse pounding but I would totally rock an '86 Lincoln Town Car.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Remind us what the keys go to, please.

Quote Originally Posted by OfficeCat View Post
    Go get yourself some cheap sunglasses.
    And some TV dinners.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Originally a whopping 65 lumens or something,
    60, but it was astounding!

While creating the first WeaponLights, Dr. Matthews and his engineering team quickly realized the performance limitations of the status quo D-cell battery-powered flashlights being utilized in tactical environments. In 1988, SureFire achieved another milestone by introducing the Model 6C, a true paradigm shift in hand-held tactical lighting. Powered by two lithium 123A batteries, the Model 6C delivered an astounding 60 lumens of light — six times the industry standard — from a compact flashlight measuring a mere 4.6 inches long. The Model 6C also provided rugged reliability to go with its potent output. Housed in a space-age, aircraft-grade aluminum body, it was also waterproof and shock-resistant.

Just a few months later, SureFire improved on the design by introducing the Model 6P, which included all the features of the 6C with a unique push-button tailcap. The Model 6P set a new standard for high-performance tactical illumination tools.
    What was astounding was using them as weapon lights instead of MagLites.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    Maybe not pulse pounding but I would totally rock an '86 Lincoln Town Car.
    It’s no picnic driving a car that old on a daily basis. The other day I took her in because of a strange, aggressive rattle under the hood. Mechanic calls me back less than 30 min later.

"No worries, dude...

That's just Samuel L. Jackson; he's in everything right now."

User Tag List