Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NJ makes it illegal for LE to inform parents of minor’s use of weed & alcohol

NJ makes it illegal for LE to inform parents of minor’s use of weed & alcohol

I’m not getting this one. What’s the end goal here, make it impossible to parent one’s children?

https://www.radio.com/kywnewsradio/n...use-for-minors

Police in New Jersey said the state's new marijuana laws have effectively decriminalized underage drinking and keep parents in the dark.

Germain, a board member with the State Association of Chiefs of Police, said the new law only allows police to issue a written warning to a child caught drinking or smoking and police are prohibited from telling the parents.
    #RESIST

This country has become insanely woke. That will be it's demise one day. The people have no idea where this train is going and they are not going to like it when it gets there.

Quote Originally Posted by eb07 View Post
    This country has become insanely woke. That will be it's demise one day. The people have no idea where this train is going and they are not going to like it when it gets there.
    I think it woke up with its head up its ass and can't figure out a way to pull itself out.

In the race for ultimate wokeness, New Jersey refuses to be left behind...(in a manner of speaking)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

This house of cards is going to crash hard at some point. The only thing unknown at this point is just how bad the damage and fallout are going to be.

Just awaiting the lawsuit when an officer has to call an ambulance for a minor with alcohol poisoning. (or then does NJ pay the medical and simply deal with a missing persons case, until the minor is sober and able to go home)

Site Supporter
    Probably a court generated expansion of other prohibitions of release of some info to parents?
    "Knowledge is good." Emil Faber, date unknown.

Elections have consequences, and the voters have spoken.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jersey has sucked longer than I have been alive. What's the difference at this point?

We always make fun of California for it's draconian laws. Jersey is the worst of the worst.

No one can convince me to visit New Jersey.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    What’s the end goal here, make it impossible to parent one’s children?
    I believe so. You've seen in other Marxist adjacent revolutions in places such as Cuba that the state/radicals say that the kids belong to the state. I know there is a dedicated political forum, so I'll just add this one additional comment since it's relevant to present day US parents rights, but I believe now if a child is suffering from actual gender dysphoria or even just identifies as another gender (various reasons outside of true gender dysphoria may cause this), some schools have a policy of not informing parents yet affirming the kid's new gender identity. That, coupled with a push for activist psychologists to positivity affirm anyone identifying as a new gender identity instead of understanding if transitioning is the right path for the patient and activist doctors pushing for affirmative "care" in pushing hormone blockers without parent consent sure makes it seem like they don't want to give parents a say in how their kids might be raised.

This is all well and good, until a drunk/ stoned kid DUI's into the wife of one of NJ's Nomenklatura.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

User Tag List