Thread: Does the MR920 suffer from any ejection/extraction issues like the Gen4 Glocks?

Does the MR920 suffer from any ejection/extraction issues like the Gen4 Glocks?

I apologize for my ignorance if I am way off here, but my understanding is the MR920 is a mostly a combination of gen3 and 4 design elements. I owned a G19.4 and it was riddled with ejection/extraction issues. Even after upgrading parts, I had constant BTF and other issues that forced me to sell it. My G19.5 mostly eliminated those issues. I’m considering the MR920 but don’t want to experience the same issues I had with my gen4.

Any help is appreciated!

Name:  3514BC13-CE6F-4799-AF54-BE35F48A7980.jpg
Views: 413
Size:  83.2 KB

I have not noticed any BTF ever with it. I can check the slide to see if it has the relief cut.

I love the POA backstrap system. I can get it to point like a CZ.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Name:  3514BC13-CE6F-4799-AF54-BE35F48A7980.jpg
Views: 413
Size:  83.2 KB

I have not noticed any BTF ever with it. I can check the slide to see if it has the relief cut.

I love the POA backstrap system. I can get it to point like a CZ.
    That’s a fantastic looking handgun. Was the relief cut something that the gen5 added to address ejection issues?

No brass relief groove on my MR920 or my DR920.

The MR, which I've owned for a year, has never thrown brass in my face. I have had the DR for about a week and haven't shot it yet.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    No brass relief groove on my MR920 or my DR920.

The MR, which I've owned for a year, has never thrown brass in my face. I have had the DR for about a week and haven't shot it yet.

Thanks. Did you ever have BTF issues with any gen4 glocks? I’m wondering if for some people, it’s just never an issue regardless of the model or generation.

Quote Originally Posted by hk45 View Post
    Thanks. Did you ever have BTF issues with any gen4 glocks? I’m wondering if for some people, it’s just never an issue regardless of the model or generation.
    I don't have enough time on Gen4 guns to comment but I do know my Gen5 G47 chugs brass up and to the right with boring repetition.

I just put three mags of CCI Blazer and one mag of 147 Gold Dot through my DR. Ejection is mostly up and right with a couple pieces going up and forward. None came back at my face. Not any that I noticed anyway.

I just ran 150 rounds of range fodder through my MR918 and MR920, nothing anywhere near my face.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by hk45 View Post
    I apologize for my ignorance if I am way off here, but my understanding is the MR920 is a mostly a combination of gen3 and 4 design elements. I owned a G19.4 and it was riddled with ejection/extraction issues. Even after upgrading parts, I had constant BTF and other issues that forced me to sell it. My G19.5 mostly eliminated those issues. I’m considering the MR920 but don’t want to experience the same issues I had with my gen4.

Any help is appreciated!
    Buddy of mine and @JM Campbell has one. No such issues.

On a related note - how early was your Gen4 ? Early G19s and to a lesser extent early G17s has those issues though most could be fixed by swapping the 336 ejectors for the 30274 and /or the HRED.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Buddy of mine and @JM Campbell has one. No such issues.

On a related note - how early was your Gen4 ? Early G19s and to a lesser extent early G17s has those issues though most could be fixed by swapping the 336 ejectors for the 30274 and /or the HRED.
    I bought mine new in 2017 so I think it was a later one. Had BTF issues from day one and even after about 2K rounds still shot brass at my face a few times per mag. My 19.5 doesn’t do that although I haven’t shot it a ton.

User Tag List