Thread: Disaster Averted

Disaster Averted

Almost loaded this during training today. Thinking I dodged a bullet so to speak. I just pulled this box out of storage. Round has never been cycled. What realistically would of happened if it was fired?
    Name:  B4845290-172B-46F1-882C-965E0C552FFA.jpg
Views: 535
Size:  79.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by 23JAZ View Post
    Almost loaded this during training today. Thinking I dodged a bullet so to speak. I just pulled this box out of storage. Round has never been cycled. What realistically would of happened if it was fired?
    Name:  B4845290-172B-46F1-882C-965E0C552FFA.jpg
Views: 535
Size:  79.9 KB
    I am unfamiliar with that ammunition and have no idea what firearm you are using, making it difficult to predict precisely what would have happed if the pictured cartridge was fired in your pistol.

Certainly, pressure would have been significantly increased, but I will venture a guess that while you would have certainly noticed the over-pressure event, most likely your firearm and you would both survive without damage.

Quote Originally Posted by 1911Nut View Post
    I am unfamiliar with that ammunition and have no idea what firearm you are using, making it difficult to predict precisely what would have happed if the pictured cartridge was fired in your pistol.

Certainly, pressure would have been significantly increased, but I will venture a guess that while you would have certainly noticed the over-pressure event, most likely your firearm and you would both survive without damage.
    It almost got loaded into my G43X MOS. It’s 115 gr FMJ. I purchased the ammo online about a year ago.

Higher pressure for sure.

I doubt there would be any damage to your pistol but I bet you would have notice the strange sound it made when you fired it.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Site Supporter
    And the rounds pictured on the box look to have been seated too deeply also...

User Tag List