Thread: Week 413: Pistol NOW!

Week 413: Pistol NOW!

Week 413: Pistol NOW!

Results may be posted until April 5th, 2021.

Designed by: Unknown
    Range: 5 yards
    Target: B8 repair center, download here: https://pistol-forum.com/attachment....1&d=1322428748
    Start Position: Holstered or ready
    Rounds Fired: 16

Start with the holstered gun loaded with exactly 15 rounds. On signal, draw and shoot 15 rounds to the B8 repair center, reload, then shoot 1 round to the B8 repair center.

Your score is your time, plus one second for each shot not in the black (9-ring or better.) A passing score is 11 seconds or less.

If your range doesn't allow you to draw from the holster, you may start from a ready position instead, and add one second to your total time.

If you find the 5 yard version easy, feel free to extend the distance – just note any variations when you post results.

Please report the following when you post your results in this thread:

Pistol, holster, concealment (optional) used
    Raw time
    Penalties
    Total score
    Pass or Fail
    Distance (if other than 5 yards)
    Anything you noticed

Training with firearms is an inherently dangerous activity. Be sure to follow all safety protocols when using firearms or practicing these drills. These drills are provided for information purposes only. Use at your own risk.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Site Supporter
    Pistol, holster, concealment (optional) used: VP9 (OR but no dot), concealed, hands in high position
    Raw time: 1) 9.99, 2) 8.79
    Penalties: 1) +2, 2) +1
    Total score: 1) 11.9, 2) 9.79
    Pass or Fail: 1) F, 2) P
    Distance (if other than 5 yards): 5 yards

Anything you noticed: I thought this would be easier at 5 yards, but it wasn’t. The front sight on this VP9OR is massive! This is the first time I’ve shot 32 rounds in a row through this pistol, and my support hand grip was too loose on the first run. Fun drill.

Name:  657161E1-2E3F-4DEA-A5AA-167C38169D58.jpg
Views: 266
Size:  57.7 KB

Name:  06559933-6338-4044-B4C0-CB35650E95F5.jpg
Views: 256
Size:  34.5 KB

Site Supporter
    Pistol, holster, concealment (optional) used: P30 LEM, concealed, hands in high position
    Raw time: 9.72
    Penalties: 0
    Total score: 9.72
    Pass or Fail: P
    Distance (if other than 5 yards): 5 yards

Anything you noticed: Concealed draw to first shot was 1.71, followed by .35-.42 splits and 2.63 reload/last shot.

Name:  D63E4684-8827-4CAE-A0A0-68FC23D142C1.jpg
Views: 257
Size:  45.7 KB

One of my favorite "show off" drills. No results to post right now, but, the VERY first time I shot this, at Midsouth, I was the class guinea pig to demonstrate. My instructor was a great guy, but needed a "redneck" translator so we New Yawkahs could understand. I heard "shoot 1 magazine, reload, and shoot 1 more" - so I did. 15+1, reload, 15 rounds. Made both the time and accuracy requirement, and got called, alternatingly, "belt fed" and "cyclic" the rest of the week...

92dxr w/ ltt rdo slide and holosun 407c wearing plastic conversion grips
    jmck aiwb on a phlster enigma
    light shirt and light sweater for concealment

distance - 5 yards

raw time - 10.52(deliberate), 8.75(pushing)

penalties - 0/0

Final - 10.52(first run/deliberate), 8.75(second run/pushing)

I ran it twice, the first at a deliberate pace, and the second pushing to run the dao trigger as fast as I could work it while shooting for the black. I am mostly shooting rimfire this year and am making my centerfire ammo go for limited recoil control stuff but I needed to break some tension and decided to run this twice to keep things fun. I'm definitely slipping in centerfire ability but the good thing about the 92d is that it takes me about as long to reset the dao trigger as it does to control the recoil and get the dot back where I want it - leading to fairly accurate albeit slow fire. First run was .3-.4x splits and the second I kept them all in the .2x range, except for the three cases of trigger freeze (2 on the second run and 1 on the first) where the splits then went to .5x.

Either way it felt good to shoot centerfire and I'm ready to be willing to afford to shoot centerfire at volumes I would like.

Edit - my reloads were dogshit. Interestingly, in 2019 my dotw with a 5" mp and irons on this were 10.03 and 6.93 running both a deliberate and pushing speed, respectively.

10.52 first run

8.75 second run

User Tag List