Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: NATO Standardizes FN's 5.7x28mm Caliber

I've kind of always wanted a PS90. Like the long one with the 16" barrel. The 50-round mags and compact size are sort of appealing.

But since I haven't been hanging around on any explosively breeding vole populations* it seems like that might not be super useful.

*RevolverRob's Nerd Notes: Meadow and Field Voles under the right circumstances can have populations in the millions. At certain times, it is estimated that there might be 600 million (with an M) field voles in Scotland alone...Fear the Zombie Vole Hoard.

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    I'm holding out for a controlled-round feed bolt gun with express sights.

Okie John
    For dangerous small game?

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    I did not see that one coming.
    Neither did anyone else.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    I did not see that one coming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Neither did anyone else.
    Some vexxed soul of a long dead general that created the original NATO PDW tender back in 1986 during the Cold War can finally rest easy and pass over the river styx now that his life's work is complete.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Some vexxed soul of a long dead general that created the original NATO PDW tender back in 1986 during the Cold War can finally rest easy and pass over the river styx now that his life's work is complete.
    Well, there's that. Proof that the good idea fairy doesn't always get immediate gratification.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Uno View Post
    I kid, I kid. But I’m calling it now. 5.56 vs 5.7 is the new 7.62 vs 5.56.
    I'll start.

5.56 x 45 is over rated.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    I don't know how anyone ever kills anything with less than 6x45.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Taking a break from social media.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Uno View Post
    I’m calling it now. 5.56 vs 5.7 is the new 7.62 vs 5.56.
    In days past, our soldiers strode the battlefield dealing death with a rifle that could anchor a poodle with the very vigour of a bolt from Jove. We were, of course, a hardier breed then. 5.56 mm was understood, by those in the know, as a tool for imposing one's will on an enemy. Now, in these more decadent times, we instead impose upon our troops with a mere 5.7 mm weapon. It is a choice beloved of bureaucrats but as a cartridge suitable only for killing the grubbiest of voles. We weep to see the depths our military has fallen. We can do better.

(Channeling our inner Jeff Cooper...)

Quote Originally Posted by Half Moon View Post
    In days past, our soldiers strode the battlefield dealing death with a rifle that could anchor a poodle with the very vigour of a bolt from Jove. We were, of course, a hardier breed then. 5.56 mm was understood, by those in the know, as a tool for imposing one's will on an enemy. Now, in these more decadent times, we instead impose upon our troops with a mere 5.7 mm weapon. It is a choice beloved of bureaucrats but as a cartridge suitable only for killing the grubbiest of voles. We weep to see the depths our military has fallen. We can do better.

(Channeling our inner Jeff Cooper...)
    Of course in the days of your before even Cooper, soldiers marched across the West wielding guns firing cartridges that could ground an elephant if properly placed, but bureaucrats did not fear these arms , by the simple expedient that they refused to actually supply them.

I wonder if there will be an SOST type projectile for 5.7x28

User Tag List