Page 64 of 70 FirstFirst ... 14546263646566 ... LastLast

Thread: AIWB now legal in all divisions?

In case anyone is wondering what's going on, the BOD of USPSA is planned to meet 8/24 to vote on a motion to remove Mike Foley, the president of USPSA.

If you have an opinion in this matter, you should contact your Area Director and let your feelings be known.

Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 283
Size:  15.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    In case anyone is wondering what's going on, the BOD of USPSA is planned to meet 8/24 to vote on a motion to remove Mike Foley, the president of USPSA.

If you have an opinion in this matter, you should contact your Area Director and let your feelings be known.

Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 283
Size:  15.6 KB
    I'd suggest to email all area directors, not only yours. We need to fix it now. It is not going to be over if the board doesn't vote to remove Foley this time.

Quote Originally Posted by cheby View Post
    I'd suggest to email all area directors, not only yours. We need to fix it now. It is not going to be over if the board doesn't vote to remove Foley this time.
    Makes sense.

I just sent another email out to each of the remaining 7 ADs as well.

What email addresses are you using?
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    What email addresses are you using?
    The ones publicly available for each AD at USPSA.com, e.g. area1@uspsa.org etc. I got one reply so far from my Area 6 AD thanking me for my email, but to be fair I only sent the other 7 like an hour ago.

https://berryshooting.com/blog/my-re...psa-president/

Among other things:

"Roll Back Division Changes

With the proper notice to the members, make it clear that Production is going back to the rules as they were before it was “clarified” that a hammer on a CZ was a “minor internal component”.

And:

"Consider other divisions and gather feedback on whether the changes to open them up has actually been good for competition, or simply a boost for participation. Was anyone in Single Stack actually looking to raise the weight limit or allow polymer frames, or was it just a desperate bid to satisfy sponsors?"

From the perspective of a new USPSA shooter, production is dead as is. Allowing less modifications and going backwards kills it even more. I don’t carry the nostalgia of days of old production and having to reload frequently because I’m limited to 10 rounds and having a stock gun while everyone else has modified guns with big sticks is not appealing to a new shooter.

If they reverse the rules what happens to CO? Is it also no external modifications? That seems like a recipe for disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by JCS View Post
    From the perspective of a new USPSA shooter, production is dead as is. Allowing less modifications and going backwards kills it even more. I don’t carry the nostalgia of days of old production and having to reload frequently because I’m limited to 10 rounds and having a stock gun while everyone else has modified guns with big sticks is not appealing to a new shooter.

If they reverse the rules what happens to CO? Is it also no external modifications? That seems like a recipe for disaster.
    I actually agree with you. I don't think anything can save production. Making rules closer to IPSC is a good idea though. I personally like 15rds for both, Production and CO. Hopkins mentioned on the last podcast that no new rules should be expected though.

Discontinue Production.
    The increasing weight limit and runaway modification list make it a travesty of the original pious platitudes.
    Most new shooters with their Glocks, etc. are being told "load it up and check Limited Minor."
    I have one friend who will shoot Production to stay in tune with IDPA.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

User Tag List