Page 62 of 70 FirstFirst ... 12526061626364 ... LastLast

Thread: AIWB now legal in all divisions?

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    I think a lot of the same issues are more easily disseminated and publicized in the modern era of electronic communication, so not hearing about issues isn’t the same thing as them not happening.
    First, no, previous presidents were different.
    Second, even if they were assholes, it is not a justification to have another one

Quote Originally Posted by cheby View Post
    First, no, previous presidents were different.
    Second, even if they were assholes, it is not a justification to have another one
    I have no experience with previous presidents.

But I like the club and how it has changed over the last 3-5 years.

I don’t know if it was because of or despite Mr. Foley.

Or maybe nothing to do with him at all.

I don’t really care if he’s an asshole as long as I enjoy the club.

If there’s a better alternative I’ll vote for the better alternative.

But I don’t necessarily think that an asshole is like being a dog abuser which would disqualify him completely in my book.

I have no experience with previous presidents.

But I like the club and how it has changed over the last 3-5 years..
    And this is the key to your position. Not everyone shares your opinion though

I haven't noticed a difference one way or the other, but I am a hack and deal with the local clubs, not the admin.

I have noticed a fair amount of changes in division things the last several years for Production, CO, etc. But again I don't know if its good, bad, or just different.

Imagine a president of a prominent shooting organization having a debate on TV or Radio...... and physically threatening anyone who disagrees with him. That would be perfect ammunition for the commies.

Quote Originally Posted by cheby View Post
    And this is the key to your position. Not everyone shares your opinion though
    Yes obviously it is my own opinion.

The vast majority of shooters at the clubs I frequent have high member numbers meaning that this presidency is all they know either.

Quote Originally Posted by Quantrill View Post
    Imagine a president of a prominent shooting organization having a debate on TV or Radio...... and physically threatening anyone who disagrees with him. That would be perfect ammunition for the commies.
    But again, they already think that of gun owners anyway...

The vast majority of shooters at the clubs I frequent have high member numbers meaning that this presidency is all they know either.
    Membership, whether continued or new, is not equal to approval of the president. For probably the first 5 years I was shooting USPSA matches, I couldn't have told you who the president was and wouldn't have cared if I'd known. I really only became consciously aware of it in any meaningful way when he started acting out in public. I only started to care when it became evident that there was an issue. Take from that what you will, I guess, but it was a change I did not like.

The way to make sensitivity (or other behavior modifying) training effective, is to provide it and then hold the person accountable. Not unlike the NRA, I have low confidence the USPSA board has the will or power to hold the President accountable, which makes it unlikely the President will meaningfully change his behavior.

Of course another reasonable approach is to say that a requirement to successfully be President of our organization is to already behave in such a way that it reflects well on the organization.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

The BOD meeting to vote on removal Foley will take place on August 24th. From the BOD minutes it looks like A2, A3, and A4 directors will vote for it. Per bylaw 7.7, it takes 6 votes to remove the President if I understood it correctly

Thanks for letting us know. It'll be interesting to see how it goes.

User Tag List