Page 60 of 70 FirstFirst ... 10505859606162 ... LastLast

Thread: AIWB now legal in all divisions?

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I could care less about some USPSA member’s integrity or style. I care a lot about the USPSA President’s integrity and style.
    @GJM
    @Clusterfrack

Just pointing out that the definition of acceptable integrity and style for a “president” is different for 50 percent of the nation and not sure if that’s over or underrepresented in the USPSA membership and P-F.

It’s a cultural shift and 30 years ago that style of leadership was not uncommon in the US.

In the past few years, USPSA has moved quickly to make a very popular non-IPSC division in Carry Optics versus Production Optics. It would not be as popular if it retained locap limits.

It’s been a huge hit with aging eyes and modern youtubers.

I like the sport more now than ever before.

At what point do people say “it’s the economy, stupid” and say they like the way the sport is?

Or they don’t and vote otherwise.

But I still can’t muster any outrage.

Name:  228DD77B-FCC5-4FD0-BE5B-493E71AEB096.jpg
Views: 246
Size:  37.6 KB

The Flowers ban was voted on by areas.

You can’t just delete your match because you don’t like the scores.

DQ out or take them.

I don’t think NRA VP LaPierre is good for the organization either, but the NRA membership has not impeached or removed him yet.
    Last edited by JCN; 05-25-2021 at 05:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Without getting political, acceptable “presidential” behavior has apparently been redefined in the last 5 years and the country is split 50/50 on what acceptable expectations of behavior are.
    Just pointing out that the definition of acceptable integrity and style for a “president” is different for 50 percent of the nation and not sure if that’s over or underrepresented in the USPSA membership and P-F.
    First, yes you are getting political. Second, this 50/50 number assumes that if you support someone, you condone their behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by Quantrill View Post
    So hypothetical question: if Foley is gone and some new blood gets elected to area director spots, can the rule changes of the last few years be undone? Or is this going to live on like Obamacare?.
    It’s easier to roll back a rule change the adds restrictions than it is to roll back one that loosens restrictions. Rule changes regarding equipment has its own complexity, since many will have already invested to take advantage of such changes. Rolling them back would nullify these investments and may be considered unfair. Not that life is fair…

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    First, yes you are getting political. Second, this 50/50 number assumes that if you support someone, you condone their behavior.
    Sorry! I didn’t not want to get political but that’s the way the discussion drifted.

I don’t think saying you support someone is the same as condoning the behavior.

But similarly, I don’t think someone behaving badly necessarily requires invoking cancel culture.

I would favor Foley getting a mandatory training course on communication and HR/PR sensitivity.

But calling for pitchforks and torches seems counterproductive and a tactic that hasn’t shown to be all that effective in the long term.

I don’t have any spare energy to be outraged at human behavior for something like this.

I would favor Foley getting a mandatory training course on communication and HR/PR sensitivity.

But calling for pitchforks and torches seems counterproductive and a tactic that hasn’t shown to be all that effective in the long term.

I don’t have any spare energy to be outraged at human behavior for something like this.
    LOl, HR tranings are completely useless and it's just a way to legally cover some corporate ass. Having a loose cannon in charge is damaging to the organization and the sport. It is especially concerning in today's political environment when everything gun related is under attack. Yes, the board shares the responsibility as well.

I anticipate that this is what's going to happen: nothing.

Mild disciplining, like no, Mike, you can't do this, we have put this on record now, if that happens again you will have to stay in a corner. At most.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by cheby View Post
    LOl, HR tranings are completely useless and it's just a way to legally cover some corporate ass. Having a loose cannon in charge is damaging to the organization and the sport. It is especially concerning in today's political environment when everything gun related is under attack. Yes, the board shares the responsibility as well.
    I think that’s a function of the type of training available to them.

I have seen some pretty phenomenally supportive programs that are quite comprehensive in terms of rehab including psychological eval, coaching and the like.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    I anticipate that this is what's going to happen: nothing.

Mild disciplining, like no, Mike, you can't do this, we have put this on record now, if that happens again you will have to stay in a corner. At most.
    Agree. However, I believe it could affect the next election. As always, it's building up slowly. Hopefully more people will see better who is who. Functioning flashlights help too.

Double tap

User Tag List