Page 57 of 70 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast

Thread: AIWB now legal in all divisions?

Good questions. I'm more concerned about the way the rule changes happened than about the rules themselves. I would roll back some bylaw changes, and slow things down. I heard Hwansik Kim talk about how any changes to the rulebook should be done with deliberate, open research and discussion with a broad sample of USPSA shooters.

The petty despot style of leadership has to stop. USPSA needs to return to a democratic and transparent model of governance.

Quote Originally Posted by Quantrill View Post
    Way too many examples of Foley going off to ignore. Hopefully he is impeached, fired, whatever........

So hypothetical question: if Foley is gone and some new blood gets elected to area director spots, can the rule changes of the last few years be undone? Or is this going to live on like Obamacare?

I realize not everyone hates the rules changes and that’s cool. I’m just wondering if some things are here to stay.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Quantrill View Post
    Way too many examples of Foley going off to ignore. Hopefully he is impeached, fired, whatever........

So hypothetical question: if Foley is gone and some new blood gets elected to area director spots, can the rule changes of the last few years be undone? Or is this going to live on like Obamacare?

I realize not everyone hates the rules changes and that’s cool. I’m just wondering if some things are here to stay.
    Realistically it's not easy to reverse quickly. Matt Hopkins mentioned that on the latest podcast.

Without getting political, acceptable “presidential” behavior has apparently been redefined in the last 5 years and the country is split 50/50 on what acceptable expectations of behavior are.

I don’t know if that split skews one way or the other in the general USPSA population.

P-F probably does not represent the average competitor viewpoint and maybe neither do the podcast / blog / social media stars.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Without getting political, acceptable “presidential” behavior has apparently been redefined in the last 5 years and the country is split 50/50 on what acceptable expectations of behavior are.

I don’t know if that split skews one way or the other in the general USPSA population.

P-F probably does not represent the average competitor viewpoint and maybe neither do the podcast / blog / social media stars.
    Without getting political.... is calling 50% of the population deplorable "acceptable" presidential behavior? Just to make sure where the 50/50 split is.

Quote Originally Posted by cheby View Post
    Without getting political.... is calling 50% of the population deplorable "acceptable" presidential behavior? Just to make sure where the 50/50 split is.
    I don’t know? I just assume all politicians are lying megalomaniacs so nothing surprises me as I have zero expectations of their behavior.

I don’t have any expectations of professional athletes or movie star behavior as well for the record.

I imagine the average USPSA shooter has no idea about this drama, nor cares. I certainly didn't before the last portion on this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    I imagine the average USPSA shooter has no idea about this drama, nor cares. I certainly didn't before the last portion on this thread.
    Kind of this. I can’t bring up the outrage to really care much if the president is a petulant 12 year old.

I like the club and my experience in the club. I don’t know what the alternative is.

At what point does USPSA become “woke” to the point of ineffectiveness?

Kind of this. I can’t bring up the outrage to really care much if the president is a petulant 12 year old.

I like the club and my experience in the club. I don’t know what the alternative is.

At what point does USPSA become “woke” to the point of ineffectiveness?
    It's not about Foley's lack of decorum. The problem is he abuses his position as president to threaten and intimidate. He has repeatedly threatened people with lifetime bans, and in at least one case carried through on that threat. Would any of us feel comfortable talking candidly to Foley about the sport, and making suggestions? I sure wouldn't. This has nothing to do with being woke. It's about Foley being the worst kind of leader: an insecure bully.

The alternative is clear and simple. Remove him from his position.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    It's not about Foley's lack of decorum. The problem is he abuses his position as president to threaten and intimidate. He has repeatedly threatened people with lifetime bans, and in at least one case carried through on that threat. Would any of us feel comfortable talking candidly to Foley about the sport, and making suggestions? I sure wouldn't. This has nothing to do with being woke. It's about Foley being the worst kind of leader: an insecure bully.

The alternative is clear and simple. Remove him from his position.
    If someone flicks me off on the highway, I don’t feel threatened or intimidated.

At what point do we as people not get intimidated by the 10 pound chihuahua that barks his head off?

Do people actually think he has the power to lifetime ban anyone?

If he tried it, then he’d get removed.

A bully is only a bully if you’re bullied by it.

Otherwise they’re a toothless loser you just smile and laugh at.

He’s insecure. If you don’t want to feel bullied, it’s easy enough to give him a shallow complement and he’ll eat it up and no bullying.

it’s easy enough to give him a shallow complement and he’ll eat it up and no bullying.
    That didn't work for Ryan Flowers or his mom.

https://www.facebook.com/58142089853...6346768710062/

User Tag List