Page 56 of 70 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast

Thread: AIWB now legal in all divisions?

Quote Originally Posted by Artemas2 View Post
    Mike is an ass. After multiple such exchanges over the years, everyone should have figured that out and manage their interactions with him accordingly. Maybe the BoD will take action and if so maybe it's for the better.

At the end of the day I ain't in this for the drama. I just want to shoot fast with some friends on the weekends.
    I think after the Stoeger incident, people know what kind of ass he is.

I fully take the “poor little me” incident described as the “victim” gleefully baiting and poking the bear knowing full well what would ensue.

It’s like cutting off and flicking off a Brodozer when driving a Prius and then being “outraged” that they got road raged on.

Foley could benefit from some anger management coaching to recognize when he is being set up and just smile and walk away.

“I never did mind the little things...” La Femme Nikita

This is not an isolated incident, gentlemen.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemas2 View Post
    Mike is an ass. After multiple such exchanges over the years, everyone should have figured that out and manage their interactions with him accordingly. Maybe the BoD will take action and if so maybe it's for the better.
    That's what bullies hope happens. I've always found it hilarious when people use loud, threatening, and rude behavior to try to make me do something. I have made it a personal policy to keep poking the bear in a polite and calm way to see what happens.

Mike Foley is completely unsuited to be USPSA President, and it is disturbing that the Board has not done something years ago.

"This aggression will not stand, man"
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    after a loud and public shouting match, actually wrestled with the RO for physical control of the timer being used on the stage
    Not having been there to witness it, it sounds to me like both sides of that conflict were acting immaturely. I can understand why someone would think that a 12-year-old should not be acting as an RO, but getting into a physical altercation over it isn't going to help the situation any.

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    Not having been there to witness it, it sounds to me like both sides of that conflict were acting immaturely. I can understand why someone would think that a 12-year-old should not be acting as an RO, but getting into a physical altercation over it isn't going to help the situation any.
    No doubt.

I will add, after truck-guy left with his family, outraged timer-wrestler dude continued, correcting all of us "new" shooters in the air-gun conga line process "we" should follow during the stage prep time; as well as how we should shoot the stage (being a lefty, apparently I drew his ire when I shot it the "wrong way".)

I was bemused to observe that while he was doing his stages, he had continual fail to feed malfunctions and light strikes, which were all accompanied by loud exasperated oaths at his equipment. I dunno what it was, some kind of 1911 pattern gun or other, maybe. He was wearing a "match" shirt with multiple sponsor logos on it, as well as what I took to be his last name on the back.

Really impressive individual.

But assholes gonna asshole, and any public organization is going to have the 3% of people who just don't reflect the overall values of the group. I don't hold the group responsible for that. But when the individual asshole becomes the leader? Yeah, not a fan...

@rj, wow. What a douche.

With all these horror stories, I just want to say that USPSA has been the most friendly and welcoming shooting sport I’ve been a part of. It’s rare to encounter this sort of behavior, and in my experience the offending individuals either get corrected or don’t stick around.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    (being a lefty, apparently I drew his ire when I shot it the "wrong way".)
    *snort*

Sometimes I shoot stages the "wrong way" even as a righty due to being happier with how the reloads line up. Yeah, reloading right to left is somewhat more risky in terms of the 180 as a right handed shooter, much like reloading left to right is for lefties, but at some point you'll run into a stage that effectively requires it, so it's a skill we all need to develop. IMO the only truly wrong way to shoot a stage is one that results in a DQ. Certainly there are more and less efficient ways to do things, but those are usually individual judgment calls based on "sure, that requires less positions, but I'm not comfortable with a 20-yard headshot when I can stop at a closer position in addition," etc.

^^^yep. Don’t offer advice unless it is asked for, or is safety related.

Way too many examples of Foley going off to ignore. Hopefully he is impeached, fired, whatever........

So hypothetical question: if Foley is gone and some new blood gets elected to area director spots, can the rule changes of the last few years be undone? Or is this going to live on like Obamacare?

I realize not everyone hates the rules changes and that’s cool. I’m just wondering if some things are here to stay.

User Tag List