Page 55 of 70 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast

Thread: AIWB now legal in all divisions?

There’s a good squad of tactical timmies that are now showing up regularly with Glocks, RMRs / 509Ts and flashlights.

They’re good shooters and take direction for the gaming aspect.

There are already probably more people added to the sport than driven away from it (peeved is a different thing) regarding rules.

Is this what USPSA had to do to survive a pandemic and ammo shortage? Dunno but locally here it’s working pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    There’s a good squad of tactical timmies that are now showing up regularly with Glocks, RMRs / 509Ts and flashlights.

They’re good shooters and take direction for the gaming aspect.

There are already probably more people added to the sport than driven away from it (peeved is a different thing) regarding rules.

Is this what USPSA had to do to survive a pandemic and ammo shortage? Dunno but locally here it’s working pretty well.

Locally the rulez have not made any changes. There's no influx. In fact, match participation is not as high as in a normal year. A lot of stronger shooters choose not to shoot small local matches to preserve ammo, and there aren't too many new faces either.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

“There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Yikes. Foley needs to step down or be terminated immediately if true.
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Foley definitely has anger and security issues.

I’m all out of cultural outrage though.

Whether someone feels XYZ and says: “fuck you, punk ass bitch”
    Or someone feels the same XYZ and smiles to his face and says: “I’m sorry you feel that way.”

It’s still the same to me. Just one needs a little more Prozac.

I find it to be a good illustration of the leadership style of the organization. He needs to go and take his flashlights with him.

Mike is an ass. After multiple such exchanges over the years, everyone should have figured that out and manage their interactions with him accordingly. Maybe the BoD will take action and if so maybe it's for the better.

At the end of the day I ain't in this for the drama. I just want to shoot fast with some friends on the weekends.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemas2 View Post
    At the end of the day I ain't in this for the drama. I just want to shoot fast with some friends on the weekends.
    Same. He attended our section match in MN at one point, gave a speech at the awards ceremony, seemed professional enough at that point, but it sounds like I should be glad I didn't have any personal interaction with him. If the depiction of what happened at Nationals is accurate, yikes.

Wow.

The behavior outlined in that clipping certainly does not reflect the sort of character I'd like to see running USPSA.

Having said that, I hope a full and public investigation is held into the alleged incident, so we learn what actually happened. Members need to see and judge for themselves what kind of person is leading our organization. In full disclosure, I did not vote for Mr. Foley for President, but not for anything to do with this latest incident. I had already made that decision a while ago, based on evaluating him as a candidate.

I've only run into this kind of abusive, arrogant attitude one time, at one of my first matches. The person who was ROing had his child (maybe 12) trying to help out. A competitor didn't apparently appreciate this, and after a loud and public shouting match, actually wrestled with the RO for physical control of the timer being used on the stage. I believe the RO finally got into his truck with his family and left the match. I was speechless. Afterwards, I spoke with the MD and relayed what I had seen. I have no idea whether it was followed up on, and I never shot there at that club again.

User Tag List