Page 50 of 70 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast

Thread: AIWB now legal in all divisions?

Quote Originally Posted by cheby View Post
    At this point the only question I have is what else USPSA could do for timmies to get them to matches and learn to shoot? Nothing seems to be working.
    We had a bunch of timmies show up with flashlights and polymer guns.

They were nice, respectful and decent shooters.

They respected the skill of the gamers and everyone got along.

It’s a win over here.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Yes, but I was having fun with it. I’m still having fun with it. If people are so wrapped up in their egos that they ghost after getting online criticism of online journals... then maybe they learned they really don’t want everything that comes along with an online journal.

This is fun for me. I don’t take it seriously because it’s a hobby. Certainly not worthy of any heartburn.
    You do you man. I don't need a 2nd dad telling me when I'm allowed to be mad.

Here's the post from Brian enos that I think is on point:

"If we take a step back from it, and just look at what we're now calling production guns. I think our equipment has become a joke over the last few years. And what concerns me more is that if the trend continues we'll likely see another major equipment change in the next 6-12 months.

Our sport is a meme at this point "

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    We had a bunch of timmies show up with flashlights and polymer guns.

They were nice, respectful and decent shooters.

They respected the skill of the gamers and everyone got along.

It’s a win over here.
    Let's see how many will stick around. More importantly how many will remain timmy after a while... and it's definitely not "a win". LOL

Quote Originally Posted by cheby View Post
    Here's the post from Brian enos that I think is on point:

"If we take a step back from it, and just look at what we're now calling production guns. I think our equipment has become a joke over the last few years. And what concerns me more is that if the trend continues we'll likely see another major equipment change in the next 6-12 months.

Our sport is a meme at this point "
    I still think a weight limit somewhere around 45oz or lower and a trigger weight requirement would be nice.

Site Supporter
    The match I was at last weekend had 3 or 4 new shooters. I don't think any of them had WMLs though.
    I guess the club has an intro to USPSA sessions, and these guys had attended that session. I hope they continue to participate.

Quote Originally Posted by JCS View Post
    Great points. Do you think we will see more changes going into next season and in CO since nationals is later on?
    Guys that intend to shoot any international stuff probably wont. What I see local is guys coming from open or limited are adjusting their belts to match what they are used to now that they are shooting CO.

even if I wasnt going to shoot any IPSC I still wouldnt move my equipment as I dont think its enough of an advantage to waste the time learning something new.
    FN America DSM
    Cajun Gun Works and Shooters World Powder shooting team member

The other club that shares my range does a beginner friendly match that's all locap, simplified divisions (irons, optics, pcc), and all unloaded starts. Not my cup of tea but it's a good idea.

I have talked to many people at the local matches. Many told me that they never cared about USPSA elections before but now they can't wait for the next one.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyesquared View Post
    No offense to you but this kind of attitude makes me really mad, because when someone says this kind of shit to me in an argument, it proves that they aren't using basic logic to understand and evaluate claims. If you believe the flashlight rule is dumb, it's likely because you think having a frame weight is a competitive advantage. If you think having a frame weight is a competitive advantage, and you want to win, you'd be fucking stupid to outright dismiss the idea of using a frame weight. So there's no logical inconsistency or whatever there even if someone dislikes the rule change and ends up putting a frame weight on their gun. I haven't put a light on my gun simply because I'm stubborn and cheap.
    I'm obviously not RevolverRob, but I am pretty sure he was joking and/or trolling with that one, and it appears that he got you.

OTOH, if you can't look at the situation with the flashlight rule and see that it's pretty silly on the face of it and therefore deserving of mockery, then I have to agree with JCN that you're taking it too seriously/wound too tight. Relax, you'll feel better.

User Tag List