Page 48 of 70 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Thread: AIWB now legal in all divisions?

Site Supporter
    Unpossible. Kimbers explode into a cloud of MIM dust after 500 rounds I thought.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Better be careful, my wife just let out a yell and I found her stuck to the gun safe with her new magnet!
    Last Saturday I got stuck to a steel bench while reloading mags. That magnet is no joke! It was hard to get off.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Site Supporter
    That will kill you on da street if you sit on an iron park bench. We have wrought iron lawn furniture. If I wear magnets and the local bear or Michael Myers comes by - I'm stuck!!

LOL at the image.

Gamers gonna game

The brass flashlight is here.

Name:  323E2BB9-C07E-4B79-9971-949E1B133DB9.jpg
Views: 306
Size:  51.9 KB
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

ughh, the change that I was most excited for is proving to be the move problematic for me.

I re-built my belt about 5 times now trying to find the best mag placement for me. Moving everything forward did not work, my balance was completely off and just awkward. I ended up able to move 2 pouches forward of my hip point about an inch, but had to put them at a reverse cant and my third pouch is now where my second use to be, which is something I guess. Beyond that I don't care, I have needed my 4th mag in a match once that I can recall.

When I nail the reload it's maybe a tenth faster for the first one, however my hand position when I get to the gun is completely off and I fumble the load more often. Then going from 2 revers cants to a vertical grab was interesting. Hopefully with some time I can correct it, but it's a lot of reps to unlearn first.
    I have a local outlaw match tomorrow before USPSA so I will see how that goes.

Quote Originally Posted by miller_man View Post
    I have a not super educated guess that until around high A class/M class - the light probably doesn't make much difference in a stage/match + overall performance.

Below that level, I'd bet there is too much other low hanging fruit that will affect a stage run - if your not already pretty tuned up on accuracy, consistency, transitions, shooting in/out positions/movement and sub-con gun handling, etc.

And I'd bet there will be a lot of folks who now add light, thinking they improved a bunch with it and not work hard on those other things above. Meanwhile someone who puts in work to improve everything to get to next class/level will slip right past them with overall skill improvement. Kind of like the folks who jump to the dot and think they magically improved on everything. Beyond easier recoil management and better splits, what does the light help? I think you have to be pretty good to get to where thats where you really need to improve - could be wrong though.

My personal outlook. Im not adding light or any magnets, kinda see it as fluff and distraction. Just want to keep improving current skill with plastic gun to get to A class, then get full competition gun (looking like shadow2) and work towards M class. Of course, I don't care too much about the competition much beyond locals and doing respectable at level 2's. My ultimate goal is to be a respectable M class competitor and just have fun with it at that level.
    Eggzactly.

This encapsulates my (currently a 36% D in Prod, moving to CO at some point "soon") thoughts almost verbatim. I need to work on: Knocking down all the steel, putting holes in things that need holes, not putting holes in things that do not need holes, and generally shooting faster with more accuracy (duh).

Quote Originally Posted by Artemas2 View Post
    ughh, the change that I was most excited for is proving to be the move problematic for me.

I re-built my belt about 5 times now trying to find the best mag placement for me. Moving everything forward did not work, my balance was completely off and just awkward. I ended up able to move 2 pouches forward of my hip point about an inch, but had to put them at a reverse cant and my third pouch is now where my second use to be, which is something I guess. Beyond that I don't care, I have needed my 4th mag in a match once that I can recall.

When I nail the reload it's maybe a tenth faster for the first one, however my hand position when I get to the gun is completely off and I fumble the load more often. Then going from 2 revers cants to a vertical grab was interesting. Hopefully with some time I can correct it, but it's a lot of reps to unlearn first.
    I have a local outlaw match tomorrow before USPSA so I will see how that goes.
    I struggled with this as well and came to the realization that I should either go back to how my pouches were or commit to leaving my pouches in a position and just “grind” out reps. My own personal opinion is that while having pouches up front seemed faster it probably amounts to hundredths of a second and doesn’t matter. I follow a lot of the top shooters on IG and I haven’t seen a single top 16 production shooter that has changed their mag position drastically in prep for nationals.
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Quote Originally Posted by JCS View Post
    I struggled with this as well and came to the realization that I should either go back to how my pouches were or commit to leaving my pouches in a position and just “grind” out reps. My own personal opinion is that while having pouches up front seemed faster it probably amounts to hundredths of a second and doesn’t matter. I follow a lot of the top shooters on IG and I haven’t seen a single top 16 production shooter that has changed their mag position drastically in prep for nationals.
    I imagine part of this is most who shoot seriously dont want to have a second position for when we shoot IPSC matches. That's why my mags have been behind the hip even when I shot limited.

Also its so close to nationals I dont see anyone that cares to compete messing with equipment.
    FN America DSM
    Cajun Gun Works and Shooters World Powder shooting team member

Quote Originally Posted by JCS View Post
    I just did a short range session with that setup and already moved the number two pouch back and slightly reposition the first one. I would like the keep the #1 pouch slightly angled to mimic my limited an CO rigs, but I am finding that the factory length mag plus requiring multiple reloads, the benefit just isn't there for production.

I moved my mag carriers. It only took a day’s worth of dryfire to burn in the new position, and it is a noticeable advantage—especially for the 1st and last mags.

I will not be using a light/weight. I like the balance and weight of the Shadow2 as it is.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

User Tag List