Page 45 of 70 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast

Thread: AIWB now legal in all divisions?

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Do you think a magnet that strong could mess up the electronics in the timer?
    https://www.supermagnete.de/eng/faq/...-to-my-devices

Long story short, no. Certain kinds of watches can end up permanently magnetized but it's reversible.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    So my 5.11 pants on my civilian body would be bad but my Bass Pro cargo pants would be OK?
    I think it has to do with Europeans not wanting to conflate the sporting or 'game' aspect of the game with anything paramilitary. Especially anything that could be considered paramilitary training. They seem to be kinda touchy about that, but that's all based on my third hand impressions. There are actual IPSC shooters here that can provide better context.

Site Supporter
    I've mentioned before that I had some UK gun magazines I bought in Barnes and Noble many years ago. They were full of competition handguns (some were pretty weird) but their editorials and articles denounced our humanoid targets as blood lusted, blah, blah.

Define guns for sports and no gun rights for you as we know them.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    I've mentioned before that I had some UK gun magazines I bought in Barnes and Noble many years ago. They were full of competition handguns (some were pretty weird) but their editorials and articles denounced our humanoid targets as blood lusted, blah, blah.

Define guns for sports and no gun rights for you as we know them.
    Yes, the IPSC metric vs classic target.

Why do they hate turtles? Huh? Anybody ever ask them that? Now who's bloodthirsty.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    I guess on the one hand, I sort of understand, but other other, that's IDPA-level rules silliness.
    Fun fact, camouflage is also prohibited on any clothing or equipment in all archery competitions that adhere to World Archery rules, which is the international governing body for competition archery.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    Fun fact, camouflage is also prohibited on any clothing or equipment in all archery competitions that adhere to World Archery rules, which is the international governing body for competition archery.
    I guess they don't allow boxing glove and exploding arrows as Oliver uses. Of course, if Oliver gets killed on the street, that's life. You can always become a Spectre.

Sorry for the diversion. Is camo banned from Javelin throws or can you wear Greek armor?

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    I guess I should clarify what I meant.

It was more of a "if you're a B shooter, really you should focus on other things besides gear... because you're a B shooter..."

Sure, if you want to finish better at a match you can game more... but does it really matter if you finish at 64% versus 61%?

Changing divisions is a completely different thing due to differences in optics and magazine capacity (which does play a significant amount in scoring, I believe).
    64% is better than 61%. That could easily be the difference of 20 places or more.

When I was a B shooter, I was losing to local A guys based on equipment. Granted, this is a more extreme example, since I was shooting a single stack open gun at the time, and they had these new fangled Para Ordnance guns with twice the capacity. I eventually got the funds to buy the next latest upgrade, a Caspian Open gun. TheCaspian was still 2 rounds shy of the Para, 19 vs 21, but for me it was the better platform.

I get what your saying, focusing on ability should be a priority, but if you have the time and means to do both, why not.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    64% is better than 61%. That could easily be the difference of 20 places or more.

When I was a B shooter, I was losing to local A guys based on equipment. Granted, this is a more extreme example, since I was shooting a single stack open gun at the time, and they had these new fangled Para Ordnance guns with twice the capacity. I eventually got the funds to buy the next latest upgrade, a Caspian Open gun. TheCaspian was still 2 rounds shy of the Para, 19 vs 21, but for me it was the better platform.

I get what your saying, focusing on ability should be a priority, but if you have the time and means to do both, why not.
    I should agree with you because I feel the same way. The bolded part is where I’m at.

I was referring to people who didn’t have the means and complained at the 61% level that they couldn’t get 64% because of equipment when if they spent 10 min a day dry firing they’d be higher than that.

At a recent local match, all the B and A guys in CO and Prod had put on WMLs so I think the rule is getting positive use.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    I should agree with you because I feel the same way. The bolded part is where I’m at.

I was referring to people who didn’t have the means and complained at the 61% level that they couldn’t get 64% because of equipment when if they spent 10 min a day dry firing they’d be higher than that.

At a recent local match, all the B and A guys in CO and Prod had put on WMLs so I think the rule is getting positive use.
    I think the lights thing may be somewhat regional. Only saw one light at my match.

Student
    Tim Herron, Kenny Platt, Eric Steiner give their takes starting at 19:33.

https://directory.libsyn.com/episode...od/id/18343271

User Tag List