Page 32 of 70 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: AIWB now legal in all divisions?

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    They really needed to think these rules through better.

Hahahahaha! That’s awesome.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Magnets allowed in all divisions now?
    Quote Originally Posted by Norville View Post
    Yes sir.
    OK, guess I’ll grab another magnet then. Been using one on my Lim/Open rig for the last several years.

Quote Originally Posted by DC_P View Post
    Could someone please explain to the FNG (me) what the magnet is used for?
    We have a club that is obsessed with “pickup stages”. This is a stage that requires you to start with all your magazines on a table or barrel. Magnets are much easier / faster to secure spare magazines than trying to stick them into a pouch.

Site Supporter
    I guess the machete stage would be the cutting edge of training/competition with magnets in common use?

Name:  385A4302-711F-4212-826F-92AE5D05A709.jpeg
Views: 227
Size:  82.7 KB

On topic: Are most of the objections to the new rules changes relating to an increased weight limit? I'm confused because the March USPSA rules change summary only mentions App D5 Item 18, relating to increasing max single stack weight from 43 to 45 oz? Or did I miss something other change that is causing the unrest?
    Last edited by RJ; 03-11-2021 at 10:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Name:  385A4302-711F-4212-826F-92AE5D05A709.jpeg
Views: 227
Size:  82.7 KB

On topic: Are most of the objections to the new rules changes relating to an increased weight limit? I'm confused because the March USPSA rules change summary only mentions App D5 Item 18, relating to increasing max single stack weight from 43 to 45 oz? Or did I miss something other change that is causing the unrest?
    They increased the weight limit for prod and CO to 59oz last March. From what some area directors have said the intent was really to have effectively no weight limit.

With this rule change, we are going to learn a lot more about the effect of weight generally, and specifically how weight from a flashlight impacts shooting performance. I know I never tested a light before in terms of performance.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    With this rule change, we are going to learn a lot more about the effect of weight generally, and specifically how weight from a flashlight impacts shooting performance. I know I never tested a light before in terms of performance.

@THeHumbleMarksman put out some testing last year on the effects of adding weight to a Glock
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgUiRoa1GhE

Then followed it up with a one comparing TLR7 vs TLR1HL (again on a Glock) on recoil reduction.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vsyjt3Idss0&t=599s

Not a comprehensive look across metal guns but definitely laid some good starting groundwork (IMO) for effects of adding weight and lights on recoil, transition, drill times, and group sizes.

So it looks like people started experimenting with the flashlights. Some are reporting the low hits in recoil especially on low probability targets. I am not surprised by the low hits. It is a common problem with the nose heavy guns. The heavier displaced weight up front results in the muzzle dipping low when the slide snaps forward. It can be overcome in training but it's all or nothing. You would have to commit to it. I recently shot my shadow2 that I didn't touch for a couple of years. I experienced the same issue - the gun was very nose heavy and the timing was really different from pretty much everything. As i mentioned before, weight distribution is important as well. Now I am deciding if I need a different CO gun. The rules changes on the other hand make me think that I should stay away from Production/CO for a little longer though.

Quote Originally Posted by NoTacTravis View Post
    @THeHumbleMarksman put out some testing last year on the effects of adding weight to a Glock
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgUiRoa1GhE

Then followed it up with a one comparing TLR7 vs TLR1HL (again on a Glock) on recoil reduction.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vsyjt3Idss0&t=599s

Not a comprehensive look across metal guns but definitely laid some good starting groundwork (IMO) for effects of adding weight and lights on recoil, transition, drill times, and group sizes.
    Can you provide the cliff notes summary of his conclusions?

Quote Originally Posted by cheby View Post
    So it looks like people started experimenting with the flashlights. Some are reporting the low hits in recoil especially on low probability targets. I am not surprised by the low hits. It is a common problem with the nose heavy guns. The heavier displaced weight up front results in the muzzle dipping low when the slide snaps forward. It can be overcome in training but it's all or nothing. You would have to commit to it. I recently shot my shadow2 that I didn't touch for a couple of years. I experienced the same issue - the gun was very nose heavy and the timing was really different from pretty much everything. As i mentioned before, weight distribution is important as well. Now I am deciding if I need a different CO gun. The rules changes on the other hand make me think that I should stay away from Production/CO for a little longer though.
    I know you believe that most good competition shooters can shoot a defensive pistol well, especially if they put some modest effort into their carry gun. However, I definitely believe in this notion of being in rhythm with your gun, load and spring set up. My wife doesn’t notice it as much with the Legion, but with a light polymer pistols pistol, I notice a big difference between, for example, 115 and 147/150 loads. While it doesn’t mean it is right for everyone else, I like it that I am competing with a competition gun that closely matches my carry gun.

I may need to pick up a spare job as a greeter at the box store, because this is getting expensive — my wife just showed me her new CO rig. Probably came via expedited freight too!

Name:  6CC908CD-7F62-4AB0-9586-E9D4B0664EA3.jpg
Views: 247
Size:  56.2 KB

User Tag List