Page 31 of 70 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: AIWB now legal in all divisions?

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I was speaking with YVK about proposed rule changes and I think he would be favor of having a ratio of trigger weight to gun weight. In other words, a 30 ounce Walther could have a 3 pound or heavier trigger, where a 50 ounce Legion could have a 5 pound or heavier trigger. Maybe we should extend that to limited too. What do you guys think?
    That's not insane as a base concept, but unless you're going to get every club to buy the same trigger pull gauge and teach everybody the exact correct way to use them to get consistent results, I think you're going to have a tough time with enforcement.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I was speaking with YVK about proposed rule changes and I think he would be favor of having a ratio of trigger weight to gun weight. In other words, a 30 ounce Walther could have a 3 pound or heavier trigger, where a 50 ounce Legion could have a 5 pound or heavier trigger. Maybe we should extend that to limited too. What do you guys think?
    Yeah, but because lighter guns are advantageous in steel shoots and steel challenge, rules for those matches should be inverse, heavier guns get lighter triggers.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Binge reading this thread is my new Tiger King.

Quote Originally Posted by cheby View Post
    If I was the king for a day I would restrict the weight to exclude guns like stock 2, Shadow 2, and such. CARRY Optic means something different than 50 oz guns.
    +1, but I would exclude them from Production too. What we're seeing today is directly related to letting equipment race into Production and in any division where approved gun list is based off Production list. CO was restricted to 35 oz, wth optic, on inception and nobody wanted to shoot it when only Production allowed people shoot CZs and Tanfos.

K, I am gonna go chill and then dry fire my lightweight 43 oz Shadow 2.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    +1, but I would exclude them from Production too.
    I tend to agree that taking the "race guns" out of Production would be a good thing, but oh boy would a wide swath of people raise holy hell.

What we're seeing today is directly related to letting equipment race into Production and in any division where approved gun list is based off Production list. CO was restricted to 35 oz, wth optic, on inception and nobody wanted to shoot it when only Production allowed people shoot CZs and Tanfos.
    Well said, and precise! I'm happy schelpping around a 5" steel 1911 in the low-mid 40s, but that is 100% as heavy as I want to go, and then, only because it is so thin. I think there's real value in low weight limits, and allowing technology and technique to make up the difference. A 60oz Open gun, with its 170mm magazine is all fine and well (as is a similar Limited gun), and fascinating, but super-heavy Production and CO is dull.

In all honesty, I'm just really glad USPSA exists, and gives me an additional opportunity to shoot and reason to develop my shooting skill. I'll shoot, no matter the rules, and be happy, but I think rules discussons are valuable and worth having.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

Action pistol 22LR where everyone has stock LCPIIs!

Screw these heavy guns and their fancy centerfire ammunition!

Honestly, I expect the BOD to issue a clarification in the next few weeks with changing maximum CO weight to 47oz or something like that.

I'm not rushing out to change my weight setup just yet. I'm fine until other people shake out the details and BSPS and DA offer a CO flashlight package in a year or two.

Yeah, but because lighter guns are advantageous in steel shoots and steel challenge, rules for those matches should be inverse, heavier guns get lighter triggers.
    I can only imagine the range officers at the chrono stage trying to do this calculation. They would start dropping like flies

They really needed to think these rules through better.

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    I own a lot of 3V coin batteries and have copper tape. I just ordered some tungsten pinewood derby weights....
    The weights in an AR carbine buffer are just about perfect, 2 steel with 2 magnets and some tape to make up the diameter. The pinewood derby weight tape might be perfect...

User Tag List