Page 2 of 70 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: AIWB now legal in all divisions?

The question that I have is why even have different divisions??

Quote Originally Posted by miller_man View Post
    Wow, I’m pretty shocked. Now to decide if I want to keep shooting CO in gamer gear or go full timmy.

Of course after I recently invested in new holster, mag carriers and belt for CO
    I am standing here wearing a timmie rig with my 5 inch CORE and an X300 in a Floodlight deciding whether to run it this weekend. The only thing holding me back is a TLR-1 weighs more and I don’t have a holster for that.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by cheby View Post
    The question that I have is why even have different divisions??
    I'm going to take a wild stab here and say that it's because people who don't have $5K+ to drop on an Open gun want somewhere to compete against others who don't have $5K+ to drop on an Open gun. Holster position is far from the only thing separating the divisions...

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    I'm going to take a wild stab here and say that it's because people who don't have $5K+ to drop on an Open gun want somewhere to compete against others who don't have $5K+ to drop on an Open gun. Holster position is far from the only thing separating the divisions...
    I think at this point, after last few years of the rules changes, the only difference should be iron vs optic, and major vs minor. Everything else, including trigger, weight, dimensions, holster position, and even mag capacity should be thrown away

Quote Originally Posted by cheby View Post
    I think at this point, after last few years of the rules changes, the only difference should be iron vs optic, and major vs minor. Everything else, including trigger, weight, dimensions, holster position, and even mag capacity should be thrown away
    So assuming iron sights and the same caliber, someone with a $5000, 55oz, comped 2011 style gun, with too many pointy things coming off of it for anyone to reasonably carry concealed, designed and customized specifically for the sole purpose of winning USPSA matches, should be competing against the guy who just wants to shoot the bone stock Glock 19 he carries concealed every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwin View Post
    So assuming iron sights and the same caliber, someone with a $5000, 55oz, comped 2011 style gun, with too many pointy things coming off of it for anyone to reasonably carry concealed, designed and customized specifically for the sole purpose of winning USPSA matches, should be competing against the guy who just wants to shoot the bone stock Glock 19 he carries concealed every day.
    Nope, they are different divisions.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Glitch

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Nope, they are different divisions.
    Correct. My post was an admittedly more-snarky-than-necessary response to Cheby's suggestion that they should not be.

Apologies if something screwy tech wise is going on with the thread and I'm making it worse. Mods have full permission to edit my posts if they deem it necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwin View Post
    Correct. My post was an admittedly more-snarky-than-necessary response to Cheby's suggestion that they should not be.

Apologies if something screwy tech wise is going on with the thread and I'm making it worse. Mods have full permission to edit my posts if they deem it necessary.
    I think we are going to the following direction:

1. Optic Open- major, compensator.

2. Optic regular - minor, no compensator

3. Iron Major

4. Iron minor

That's all. Everything else does not matter

Streamlight’s sales probably just jumped 20% after this release.

User Tag List