Page 16 of 70 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast

Thread: AIWB now legal in all divisions?

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    My personal (timmie) baggage is my belief that self defense skills with a firearm allow me to live and recreate more independently, and at its core, I see USPSA as a way to do an activity that is both a sport and defensive shooting proficiency endeavor. The more my guns deviate from something suitable for defense, the worse I feel about the time I am investing. I feel better about adding weight with a Surefire, than getting a less practical heavier weight gun.
    I think a lot of gamer-critical people lose that fact.

When I got better with my gamer gun from OWB drop holster... I also got better with my carry gun from AIWB even without specific dedicated practice. Better skills translate to better skills.

Quote Originally Posted by cheby View Post
    I am more concerned with what if they make low light stages where the WML are nessesary? What if you have to have them? What is next?? Lasers? Bayonets?? What skills are we even testing now??
    I would stab a target. And I know @Mr_White would throw shuriken.

USPSA Ninja Division.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I would stab a target. And I know @Mr_White would throw shuriken.
    Yeah, that's what I call a fantasy dressed up camp.

How about this for the strategy?
    I would love to see a practical shooting becomes an Olympic discipline. Even if it doesn't look possible today considering the current political environment, we should be trying. If the Olympic games are hosted in the "right" country (And today it is not USA or Great Britain unfortunately), it is possible to introduce practical shooting as a demonstration sport similar to taekwondo at the Summer Olympics in 1988 in Seoul. Such development would do more to our 2A causes then all timmies combined. I'd love to see USPSA as a way to get a scholarship in a good universities. I'd like to watch USPSA Nationals on ESPN. This is important because it looks like even among gun owners, majority don't know about it . The rules integrity and consistency are major requirements for it. We need to focus on the skills development first. This is a reason for example why 3guns is not doing well lately- it is a fun shoot where the rules depend on the club. No many serious shooters like it.
    There's more to it, but here's the direction, for a change.
    It's before my time in competitive shooting, but didn't IPSC supposedly try to get some sort of action pistol shooting added sometime around the turn of the century? I'm pretty sure I remember reading something about that once.

That said, the IOC is a hive of scum and villainy, and it's probably best to stay as far away from the Olympics as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    My personal (timmie) baggage is my belief that self defense skills with a firearm allow me to live and recreate more independently, and at its core, I see USPSA as a way to do an activity that is both a sport and defensive shooting proficiency endeavor. The more my guns deviate from something suitable for defense, the worse I feel about the time I am investing. I feel better about adding weight with a Surefire, than getting a less practical heavier weight gun.
    I have to disagree with you on this. I am pretty sure that an average gamer would beat an average timmy with any duty gun. Opposite is not true. Average timmy has no chance against an average gamer with the gamer gun. This is just a fact of life. You are a good shooter not because of your timmy baggage, quite opposite.
    Of course, this is the rabbit hole we went to before and never got back
    Last edited by cheby; 03-08-2021 at 06:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CleverNickname View Post
    It's before my time in competitive shooting, but didn't IPSC supposedly try to get some sort of action pistol shooting added sometime around the turn of the century? I'm pretty sure I remember reading something about that once.

That said, the IOC is a hive of scum and villainy, and it's probably best to stay as far away from the Olympics as possible.
    Agree on the IOC. And it is not easy for sure. Politics is the art of compromise...
    But if MMA is on major TV channels, it should be possible for the shooting sports as well. Remember they tried to outlaw it in New York. The popularly prevented that.

Here is the beginning of my 12oz Glock flashlight...

Name:  B57FE163-FC27-4232-ACD8-879E39655019.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  50.4 KB

The flashlight is actually 300 lumens...

Site Supporter
    Agree on the IOC. And it is not easy for sure. Politics is the art of compromise...
    But if MMA is on major TV channels, it should be possible for the shooting sports as well. Remember they tried to outlaw it in New York. The popularly prevented that.
    The shooting sports are boring as hell to watch, unless you’re a shooter yourself. But, luckily big TV right now is culturally and economically where newspapers were back in the early 2000’s so I don’t know if chasing that goal is really worth while for the future of the sport anyways. (Also consider that YouTube is constantly demonitizing firearms related content because traditional corporate sponsors don’t want to be associated with firearms)

I think that focusing on well produced organic content (livestream big matches and provide well edited recaps at the end of the weekend) and doing targeted digital advertising would probably be a better use of resources as entertainment rapidly becomes more niche and specialized.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

I am more concerned with what if they make low light stages where the WML are nessesary? What if you have to have them? What is next?? Lasers? Bayonets?? What skills are we even testing now??
    That’s not practically feasible. It’s hard enough getting everything set up as is. Non-issue.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    I think a lot of gamer-critical people lose that fact.

When I got better with my gamer gun from OWB drop holster... I also got better with my carry gun from AIWB even without specific dedicated practice. Better skills translate to better skills.
    Ayup. Shooting makes you better at shooting.
    #RESIST

User Tag List